cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No customer retention value

Iansphones
I've been around

I have been with Roger's for 30+ years, I have such an old account number that of the 5000 before me it's unlikely many of us are left. I am frustrated that of the 4 phones my family has, I always have to call to find out that my current plan is out of date and that I've been overpaying for less service than I can get today, or that when I want a new phone I have no position on any deal for hardware?? My kids tell me to switch all the time In the mall when they see deals on devices or plans with better benefits... why do I stay with Roger's? Why, if they don't care about me should I care to stay ?
I just got off the phone with retention to have 0$ hardware benefits, and to find out a new plan could've saved me money long ago and given me more... . ? Now I'll be clear that all the phones in my family are old and paid for, my plan has expire long ago and I'm ready change it all, Nope nothing for loyalty, nope $0 for 30+ years, yep I had to call first, yep I had to complain, and yep I feel like customer service and retention means zero today in comparison too a new customer. Thanks, I'll go shopping.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No customer retention value

RogersJermaine

Hello @Iansphones,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post! We do thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience. We do appreciate your loyalty and were always looking to providing our customers with the best available options that we can.  

We would love to keep you as a customer and see if there is anything more we can do for you. Please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RogersJermaine

Hello @Iansphones,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post! We do thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience. We do appreciate your loyalty and were always looking to providing our customers with the best available options that we can.  

We would love to keep you as a customer and see if there is anything more we can do for you. Please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

krismas51
I've been here awhile

I agree….

And the only way you get a response is when you complain about the new plans to attract new accounts and you have been a loyal customer longer than many of the Rogers staff have been on this earth!

No plans for retention, no plans for seniors, no benefits. 

paulstu
I've been here awhile

Agree wholeheartedly... $10 add on for apple watch you have to pay a $50 connection fee?  Really?  But new customers get lots of deals, fee's waived, etc.  Even told customer retention that the competition waves the fee as long as you do it online or via chat.  Nothing, notta... considering how their lack of redundancy and or security in network was exposed not that long ago you'd think they'd try to hold on to customers.  Business 101 easier/less costly to keep customers than to get new ones.

Babylegs1
I'm a reliable contributor
If you do it online the set up fee is waived! Been like that for at least 4 years

krismas51
I've been here awhile
Some things can be accomplished online…
Some features must be a call in direction to make any changes to your account.
Try suspending the account while away for an extended timeframe!
With the charges for this, it is almost cheaper to just continue paying the inflated prices for a service that is completely dormant!
Is there an alternative solution?

paulstu
I've been here awhile

Incorrect.. not for watch plans.. gone back and forth with them multiple times.  At first they said the same and then they researched more.

Lennyz
I've been around

Wow Glad to see Rogers is So indipendant that they can just tell clients you made the calls and it is your problem to know the plans instead of working with the client to find a solution.

Anthony  ( Apparently from NS ) I don't think so..;.. Told me tooo bad If you want to cancell your 2 lines and go with a another provider that is fine pay your bill and leave. 

My bill is paid IN full thank you Anthony from NS ( really ) I read your site wrong Yes my fault But I would think to retain Clients you would  try to work with them. 300$ for 400 mins of talk time to NY from Montreal seems a little steep,.

Well all this to say BYE BYE  rogers After 20 years.

breezy2
I've been here awhile

i have been a loyal customer for over 25 years....after calling and waiting a marathon amount of time while the customer billing rep was reviewing my file, there was a disconnect (each time) when i asked each one of these reps if we get disconnected will they call me back? each one promised to call back, and guess what, none of them called me back.......i wish to god there were other competitive cable/internet/phone services out there  to help us when we older people need help (edited post - Keep personal info private - RogersTony)

Mmuraca
I've been around

Rogers is the worst company switch to bell

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 28 Likes
  • 8 in conversation