cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SMS text from Italian Bank

LGhelp
I've been here awhile

I hope someone can help.  I have not received SMS text (verification code for web banking) from my bank in Italy for the past three weeks.  I called Rogers and they say it is not on their end.  I called the bank in Italy and they say Rogers is blocking all text from the bank.  How can this be fixed?

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: No SMS text from Italian Bank

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My financial institutions (3 different ones) allow me to use e-mail as verification.  Perhaps you can use that as a workaround until you get the texting issue resolved?

LGhelp
I've been here awhile

I asked if verification codes could be sent my email and was told that was not an option. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That's very odd since some people don't have a cell phone. How do they do banking? I use e-mails because I'm on a pre-paid cell phone plan and don't like to pay for texts, nor do I want people to have my cell number.

Once set up as SMS it might be tricky to switch back to e-mail, but it should be possible to set up an e-mail verification.  Ask the bank what they do for people without cell phones?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@LGhelp wrote:

I called the bank in Italy and they say Rogers is blocking all text from the bank.  

This can happen for several additive reasons:

1. The bank is in a foreign country.

2. The bank has been sending texts and they have been flagged as spam by some users

3. The bank sends lots of texts which raises a red flag with some providers, causing them to end up blocked (in error) by that provider.

I believe that one way to get this solved is to have the bank contact Rogers and clarify the situation so that they are not blocked...

LGhelp
I've been here awhile

Thank you.  I will call Rogers again (the bank claims they have been dealing with Rogers, but I cant believe this issue would take over three weeks to address).

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation