cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet - Late payment charge for ontime payments

r2d
I've Been Here Awhile

Why does Rogers keep charging late payment fees for bank payments that were made and posted on tiime?

If Rogers can't get their sheet together with the banks, then why are they charging the customer late fees for their own inadequacies, not just once, but for months on end, over and over... again...and again...

*Added Labels*

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Internet - Late payment charge for ontime payments

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How many days before the actual due date are you making your bank payments.  When making a payment via a bank it's usually advisable to make that payment several days before the due date in order to preclude these sorts of issues. On many bank websites it'll even say "please allow for x days before this transaction is completed".

Another way to preclude issues is to set up auto-pay.  That way you don't need to worry about making the payments every month and the billed amount will be taken out on the due date.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I concur with 57,  When paying thru a financial institution like your bank, I would pay it  few days before the due date, that way I know the payment is posted on time to who ever the payment is going to.  Bank payments have all strange kinds of rules and notices about delayed payments when being done after 4:30pm or on weekends.

To ensure your payment goes thru same day, you can allow Rogers to process your payment directly, so this means pay thru them with credit card by speaking to a customer service agent on the phone or online.  that way they get the money right away.

r2d
I've Been Here Awhile

The due date is the due date.

ANY payment to Rogers or their institutional proxies is legally valid if the money is transfered from a customers account to Rogers OR to their proxies. The back end processing is of no legal concern to the customer once the payment has been instigated and consumated by Rogers OR their proxies.

If they knowing have a problem with a payment made on the due date that is not showing up in their accounting system until a few days later, that is NOT the customer's problem.

The proper way to handle that is to wait the day or two until all payments have cleared and been accounted for. They know that that takes time. Why it takes time in this day and age is beyound me, but that's another story. Rogers should wait a day or two, like many companies do, for their stystems to catch up, before charging late fees, rather than pounce on any oportunity to add a late fee.

With all their customers, these type of late fees add up and probably amount to millions os dollars each year. Rogers is not entitled to such late fees and their ownership of same while a dispute resolves itself, amounts to a massive "kiting" scheme where they may utilize additional monies that are not properly theirs.

Is this what they teach in MBA schools?  Their addition of late fees in such an unwarranted manner is theft. Theft is theft, no matter how you look at it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@r2d wrote:  If they knowing have a problem with a payment made on the due date that is not showing up in their accounting system until a few days later, that is NOT the customer's problem.

You have a choice. You can keep banging your head against this wall, or you can do as recommended in previous posts.   Rogers is not about to change for you.  You can also switch to a different service provider, but they may have similar or worse issues.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation