cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrectly Billed for Long Distance Calls

Paul1721
I've been around

Bill is more extra. Well I didn’t use calling outside canada why my mobile charged for how many times? Is it a scam or what? Please help me why should I pay that I didn’t used?

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Incorrectly Billed for Long Distance Calls

RogersMaude

Good day @Paul1721,

Thanks for your post! A long distance charge is the premium charged on voice calls that travel over extended geographic distances. International long distance charge applies to calls originating in Canada on the Rogers network and terminating outside of Canada in the applicable countries.

How your outgoing call is charged depends on where you’re physically located when you place the call, regardless of your phone number. The cell site that picks up your call determines the local calling area. If you make an outgoing call to a number within your local calling area, and then travel out of your area without disconnecting the call, the entire call will be billed as a local call.

Your local calling area for incoming calls is determined by your phone number. If you receive a call while outside of your local calling area, you’ll be charged long distance.

Have you had a chance to review the usage you were charged for, on your detailed invoice?

Let us know if you have any questions!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Incorrectly Billed for Long Distance Calls

RogersMaude

Good day @Paul1721,

Thanks for your post! A long distance charge is the premium charged on voice calls that travel over extended geographic distances. International long distance charge applies to calls originating in Canada on the Rogers network and terminating outside of Canada in the applicable countries.

How your outgoing call is charged depends on where you’re physically located when you place the call, regardless of your phone number. The cell site that picks up your call determines the local calling area. If you make an outgoing call to a number within your local calling area, and then travel out of your area without disconnecting the call, the entire call will be billed as a local call.

Your local calling area for incoming calls is determined by your phone number. If you receive a call while outside of your local calling area, you’ll be charged long distance.

Have you had a chance to review the usage you were charged for, on your detailed invoice?

Let us know if you have any questions!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation