cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get ready for a rate increase

demondog12
I've been around

Here we go again rogers doing Another rate increase to suck more money from and keeping the same service-,UPCOMING CHANGE TO YOUR IGNITE BUNDLE On the date of your first bill after February 12, 2023, the monthly service fee for your IgniteTM Bundle as shown on this bill will increase by $6 plus taxes.

*Added Labels*

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Get ready for a rate increase

RogersRahul

Hello @demondog12,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers community and congrats on your first post with us!

I can understand an increase in monthly pricing no matter the amount, can be inconvenient. We’re committed to offering products and services that help enable you to connect whether it is working from home, learning online, keeping in touch with loved ones, or staying entertained.

We’re continually making investments to help ensure you have access to quality services, including the latest technologies you can count on.  

To provide a more seamless internet connection, we've increased capacity on our network by 14%. We continue to offer more options with a range of packages and bundles to meet your needs.

Cheers!

RogersRahul

Susanizirving
I've been around
Hope they paid you for letting us know. Not a whisper from them ...
Thank YOU

jt1
I've been here awhile

Thanks for posting ,

I couldn't find details on my bills regarding the extra $7 this month but knew it had to be some form of increase.

In other threads this was listed on the bill back in October. I cannot find any such message on my online bill 'Account Messages'. Looking at the bill online they don't even break it down to show the service fees

I was shocked last month when I received an email from Rogers stating my upload speed had been increased by 20mbits for FREE.

I knew it was too good to be true.

Does anyone have a chart showing 'service fee' increases over the years for Telecoms?

gfp67
I've been around

I suspect this is Roger's way of recouping the monies they had to credit back to customers for their severe outage in 2022. When you have a gov't approved triopoly I guess you can do whatever you wish. It's time to welcome competition from the US. 

Pranav3
I've been around
Totally agree with you gfp67. They’re just ripping us out.

lynx0139
I plan to stick around

I was going to make a long speech on this subject, but you know what, as my wife aptly put it .."They don't care".

Ted Rogers used to care, he was a good man. After he died.....Greed took over....and flourished.

jg6699
I've been around

yes after the last big outage, Rogers said they were investing $30 billion in upgrades, well guess who's going to pay for that?  we are, just another long line of rate increases.  Hopefully govt will get involved and realize Canadians pay some of the largest Internet and cell rates on the planet.

Jk58
I've been here awhile
Not sure how well this works, but the crtc has rules for bill changes. You can refuse a change. Best of luck getting through the call centre.

sharknose6
I've been around

BTW, there is ALSO a $4 plus tax increase on wireless starting Mar. Brace yourself ppl!!

bpandher
I've been around

Another rate increase of $4 this March after a rate increase last year as well.  This is pure cash grab.  Now with Shaw out of the picture the gouge of customers will continue in Canada.  Remember when Verizon was thinking of entering the Canadian market a few years ago these Canadian companies were crying like babies.  Probably because they knew they couldn't charge these outrageous fees they do for cellular/data as Verizon would have put them in their place.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bpandher wrote:

...Remember when Verizon was thinking of entering the Canadian market a few years ago these Canadian companies were crying like babies.  

Although there were also other reasons, the main reason Verizon didn't enter the Canadian Market was because there was not enough money to be made here and the market is relatively small when viewed from a US corporation's perspective.

The Rogers takeover of Shaw shouldn't really have any major impact since they didn't actually compete much. Shaw was out west and Rogers had the east.  See recent posts in the following thread.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/rogers-to-buy-shaw.293195/#post-3128427

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 12 in conversation