cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated payments not made :-(

gidawgg
I've been here awhile

Did you know that Rogers withdraws automated payments 7-10 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE DUE DATE?

Why does this matter?  Well, I set up automated debit payments about 6 days in advance of my due date, but no payment was made, and now my account is in arrears, accruing interest and a bad credit rating.. The whole point of setting up an automated payment plan is to ensure that payments are always made on time! Geez, Rogers, thanks for the great customer self-service!

To make matters worse, there appears to be no way for me to force an automated debit payment via MyRogers online account without changing the payment method.. That is, the only automated payment possible is the one that occurs 7-10 days before my payment due date. This is very bad design.

Easy solution is for Rogers to withdraw automated payments on the due date, like every other company does. This would be consistent with customer expectations and avoid situation like the one I just went through (including spending an hour chatting with Rogers' online agents who could not understand what the root problem was, and who asked me to delete my payment method and start over (assuming the problem was at my end, not Rogers)

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: Automated payments not made :-(

RogersYasmine

Hello @gidawgg ,

Welcome to our community and thanks for sharing your Auto-pay concerns with the rest of us. 🙂

When setting up Automatic payments for the very first time, your first automatic payment will be processed when the NEXT invoice is issued. This means that if you have a current balance due at the time that you are initially registering for automatic payments, that amount would need to be paid manually to bring your balance up to date.

I hope this helps clarify things. If you still have additional questions or concerns, please advise. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation