cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Flagged for Fraud

Philip28
I've been around

Tried to buy a phone/plan on boxing day sale. $10/month for a phone 50g $40/month for a plan. I was told everything was good and I should receive and email when the phone ships. I called them when I received no email, I was told a fraud case was opened and to call a number and I will receive the same plan. Called the number got and answering machine and they asked my number and said they would call back. I didn't receive a call for 2 days called Rogers back they told me to go to the store to unlock my account and call them back and they would set up the same plan I was offered on when I ordered. I went they said it was good at the store then I called they said it was still locked and they would be in contact I wait the weekend and give them a day, still no call. I called them today I get threw am put on hold for an hour then am told I'm going to be transferred, they hang up. I call back they transfer me again to customer care where I explain the situation again, they say my account has been cancelled and locked so if I want to make a new account, I'm offered a plan 70 g @ 50/month and 39/month for the phone. So I ordered a phone/plan from Rogers on the 2nd, was sent around for 2 weeks back and forth being told I would get an email then a call, when I finally got threw I'm told the offer I was given that I accepted and gave my credit card information and had a credit check done, was told the offer expired and they couldn't do anything about it. When I asked if there is someone I could talk to because it seamed unfair that the price of a plan they offered me had literally doubled not because of my mistake but because of there's, I wasnt given a reason for the order not going threw they just said my account has been locked and flagged for fraud I was put on hold and they hung up, I tried everything possible to unlock the account and Im told to wait. I waited for them to contact me they didn't then I'm told that both deals/offers had expired and they now want double for essentially the exact same phone and plan after 3 agents had told me after I get it figured out and the fraud is cleared that I would be able to get the exact plan I was offered. All together probably 8+ hrs on hold and now the holidays are over every company that had holiday deals have now ended and I'm going to have to pay full price for a phone. Thanks rogers.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Account Flagged for Fraud

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Philip28, 😊

Getting a new phone and plan should be generally an exciting time. We're sorry to hear that it has been less than ideal. This is most definitely not the type of experience we want you to be having. Our promotions and offers are always changing and evolving.

With that said, we'd be more than happy to take a look to see if we can find a similiar promotion for you with regards to what you were offered initially for the device and plan if you'd like. Feel free to connect with us by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo 

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation