cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Plans

Kenobi_0407
I've been here awhile

I’ve been with Rogers more than a decade. I seldom checked my bill and just paid. Lately I got a new 5G iPhone (from Apple Store) and found that the phone was still on LTE network. I called Rogers customer services (CS) and find out my plan is not 5G plan. I have to join $90 plan so that I can have 5G. However I was told by the CS that one of my line (I have 3 lines in my account) is under 5G plan but it’s not a 5G phone. The CS was nice enough to try to swap the plan but he was not allowed. So it triggered me to call the other carriers to shop around. Surprisingly I could get a good offers (similar price, more data and 5G!)from the other company. Before I move to other company, I want to see if Rogers can do something to me to make me feel comfortable to stay with Rogers. I called CS again and was transferred to their retention department. It’s frustrated that I had a feelings that I was begging for offers. Long story short, the Rogers staff refused to know what the offers from the other company is, he just said “we are not doing price match here, you can change to the other company. You are not getting 5G plan unless you pay $90. That’s fine, at least he was helping me to make the decision. The next step for me is to figure out the exact date to move all my 3 lines to Bell!

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 5G Plans

RogersZia

Hello and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @Kenobi_0407,

I hope you're enjoying your new iPhone! Just as an FYI, the 5G access is included with Rogers Infinite plans at no extra charge. We try our best to find our customers a plan that best fits their needs and the budget. I am sure my colleagues would've tried their best to find you the right plan, while we're able to do so most of the times, there are instances where we're unable to find you an exact match.

We'd hate to see you part ways with us, please let us know if you'd be open to us reviewing your options one more time.

RogersZia

Kenobi_0407
I've been here awhile
My door’s always open and that’s why I called you guys last time before I make the move. I haven’t had a chance to contact the other carrier today. If you initiate to communicate again to review my options, I’m fine with this. Just hope that this time you won’t slam the door just like your superior retention staff did last time.

@Kenobi_0407, we'll try our best to find you suitable plan. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance. Please check out this blog to learn more about our private messaging system. 

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation