cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaw to Rogers Migration: I have lost my phone number and spent 16 hours on hold.

SJohnston5
I've been around

Hello,
I am posting here because I don’t know where else to turn. We were somehow missed and never received transition notifications or a transition package. Long story short, i have finally transitioned but nobody can help me get my old phone number back. I have had the number for over 20 years. I have now missed ten days of calls, texts etc. I was informed today that my number is now owned by freedom mobile. Please don’t tell me to call the Shaw transition team. I have spent 6 hours on hold in the last 24 hours and the call has been dropped three times. When I do get through, they can not help. They have assured me three times that the transition is done and it never is. I am so shocked that there is nowhere I can turn to get help.

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Shaw to Rogers Migration: I have lost my phone number and spent 16 hours on hold.

RogersYasmine

Hello @SJohnston5 ,

Thank you for joining us in the Rogers community and for sharing your current dilemma. I can understand how upsetting it would be to lose access to a phone number which you've been using for such a long period of time.

Just to clarify, in order for us to port an existing phone number over to a new line you've activated with Rogers, that phone number must still be active with the old service provider at the time that the port request is submitted. If that phone number has been cancelled with the old service provider, then the port request will not be successful and will be declined.

Please note, Freedom Mobile is a sister company to Shaw and under the same umbrella, so I believe the number should still be available to port over. If you are unable to get through to our dedicated Shaw to Rogers mobile migration team to have the port completed, please send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we can take a look. 

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation