cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing the length of time before Rogers voicemail answers calls

kerriandross
I've been around

When I was with Shaw Mobile up until yesterday when I converted to Rogers, Shaw allowed me to change the length of time my cell phone rang before the voicemail answered. The standard length of time was 20 seconds, but I was able to change that to be shorter or longer to any interval of 5 seconds up to 30 seconds by entering a special code they provided and it worked great. I used the same code when I activated with Rogers yesterday and it did correctly change the length of time to answer because the ring time before voicemail picked up changed from 20 seconds to 30 seconds, but then my voicemail stopped working correctly for me and I had to ask Rogers to reset my voicemail.

I was told that Rogers does not at this time have a way for clients to manage their voicemail pick up time as the Rogers network works different than Shaw. I was told Rogers has worked on finding a way to do this, but nothing yet.

This is disappointing, as having the ability to manage the Shaw voicemail pickup time was very helpful to me. Hopefully Rogers can consult with their colleagues at Shaw and add this flexibility to their system soon. It seems to me to be a very basic feature to have. Please pass this onto the folks at Rogers who can initiate this change.  Thanks

**Labels Added**

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Managing the length of time before Rogers voicemail answers calls

RogersYasmine

Hello @kerriandross !

A huge welcome, and thanks so much for posting your concerns here in the Rogers community!

We can definitely understand how this feature would be useful for some customers. We appreciate the feedback and will forward it on for review and consideration. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

donmorris
I've been here awhile

Hello Yasmine

I have only had Rogers as my carrier and have been very pleased with everything 

except for this one issue. I have brought this up numerous times and cannot 

understand how Rogers being the largest wireless carrier in Canada ( as of 2020 Q3 reports )

has not fixed this issue. Customers by this time should be able to choose the length of time they need. Seniors like myself cannot always answer in the time allotted. 
I have been told repeatedly that this would be brought up in future meetings. 
A little less talk and a lot more action would be nice. 
Please pass this on. 
Thank you

donmorris

Ring-a-ding
I've been here awhile

Can't add anything that hasn't been said here - just want to be counted as another Rogers user who would really appreciate a little more time to get to my untethered phone.

srmcm
I've been around

Agreed.  Surely this can't be terribly difficult.  I also need extra time to answer the phone...but I also want automated spam calls to give up rather than be routed to voicemail!

Come on, Rogers!!!

Geo55
I've been around

This is a serious issue.  Having huge issues with Rogers this past week and technical support not being able to make the changes necessary to my account.  Too many people not being competent in doing their jobs, language barriers etc.  I don't like all the up front customer support, technical people (who have no authority to make big changes) and not enough back end support.  Claim number wait is 24-72 hours.  Then someone makes a the claim wrong, the back end just cancels the claim with no follow up, then customer service has to make a new claim and the circle starts all over again.  Endless frustration after 26 years with Rogers.  Might be time to leave.  Its been 8 business days with my issue with no fix in site.  All this is is a plan upgrade.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers may never "fix" this issue, perhaps in their mind, they want it to stay as 20 seconds (4 rings) before voicemail picks up. I do not work or represent rogers, however I am very knowledged and they have decided to use a default of 20 seconds before voicemail picks up, don't ask me why? They also made it so you can not "break" the voicemail by playing with the call forwarding gsm commands, thus less calls to customer service about voicemail not picking up even if your paying for it.

You are allowed to vent, but you also must realize nothing may change from your venting.

Lazaruth
I've been around

I want 30s!!!

BrzI
I've been around

This needs to be implemented.

I used a code I found online and it worked...I was able to change the length of time it rang - upped it to 30 seconds. But it broke my voicemail and had to wait 40 minutes to get a tech to reset my mobile account while my mobile was turned off.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The fact that it broke your voicemail is why they do not allow or support this.

This is MUCH MORE than a convenience issue, this is a DISABILITY ACCESS ISSUE. I know several people with only minor disabilities who are unable to reach and answer their phone within 4 rings.

Dave328
I've been around

The staff at the Rogers store attmpted to do incease the tme to 30 seconds for me by entering the code **61*101*30. I now have the problem that incoming calls do not go to voicemail but are terminated and are told the system cannot find/does not recognize my number and to try again. When I call my own number I don't get my voicemail message but the generic message to enter my password.  How do I fix this?

Re: Rings before voicemail Samsung Galaxy A53

Hello, @Dave328.

Thank you for joining our Community and for your post. As discussed in this thread, the standard 4 rings (20 seconds) before voicemail can't be extended.

It's disappointing that you can't access your voicemail after my colleague tried increasing the rings before voicemail. We can look into resetting your voicemail. Please send @CommunityHelps a private message. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 12 in conversation