cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Resets to Beginning

Bates132
I've been here awhile

Anybody else having issues with shows resetting to the beginning when fast forwarding a recorded show? It only seems to happen when we record the nascar race. Usually 4-5 times when fast forwarding commercials it resets to the beginning. So frustrating when you're 4 hours through and have to try to remember where you were.

***Edited Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Show Resets to Beginning

RogersZia

Good evening @Bates132,

Welcome to the Community!

I agree, it's hard to remember the time stamp 4 hours into a recording. I tried to replicate the issue on my end without success. There are a few different fast forward speeds, which one do you typically use? For me personally, I know when I keep increasing the fast-forwarding speed until the flash symbol comes up, it's harder for me to stop at the right spot. It's also unusual it's happening with the same programming.

Are you watching the recording via the box or the app? Does this issue happen on all the platforms or just the box? Could you maybe try the voice command function and see if it's doing the same thing? You can say something along the lines of "fast forward 3 minutes".

Please let us know if the issue persists, especially with any other recordings.

RogersZia

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
When I used some Iptv services from the USA, I would sometimes try to FF a recorded show, and it would suddenly restart from the beginning, but I haven't noticed that behaviour from my digital legacy netbox 3 PVR. However, I have recently noticed that once in a while after watching part of a recorded show and then pressing resume, it starts from the beginning of the show as if it forgot it's saved position.
My Rogers PVR needs to have saved at least 3 minutes of content, before it allows for resuming from where I left off, or else only the WATCH option is available (no Resume option).
Whether you are using digital legacy PVR or Iptv service like Ignite, you could always try stopping every 10 minutes or so, and then resume where you left off. That way, if you are FF through a commercial and it normally resets to the beginning for Nascar, perhaps you'll get lucky and it will resume from one of your saved resume points.
With the PVR, you can also jump ahead or back 3 minutes by pressing the little (not the big arrows) up, down arrows that are also used for PVR guide use.
With Ignite, you can jump ahead with the arrows or something similar, or simply use the voice commands to jump ahead or back as much as you want to (much faster that way).

Bates132
I've been here awhile
Thanks for the reply, we're watching from the box, always a recorded show from the pvr. And it only seems to be when it's a Nascar race. But it's hard to say because I never record anything else longer than 2 hours so I can't say if it would happen with other shows. It's fine for the first while and then after the 1st hour it happens repeatedly (not every time but often) when forwarding through commercials. I'm using 1st or 2nd speeds only. It's super weird, fast forward 30 seconds of commercials and then boom, it zips back to the very start.

danno100
I plan to stick around

My dvr has had issues for months, we have 2 boxes and each one will record different shows, they used to be in sync. I also have recordings which don't start when they are set to, they crash, sound at times garbels, system that needs work by software developers....hopefully bell will have fibre coming into my home soon.

goaliebrent
I plan to stick around

Did you ever get a resolution to this?  I think it happens a lot more than Rogers realize.  It happens on longer recordings of 3-4 hours or more.  It can happen once or 6-8 times.  It's very annoying.

danno100
I plan to stick around

I have reported it 2x and then I get a text from Rogers, sorry we can't duplicate the issue.....

goaliebrent
I plan to stick around

Contact support directly.  Tell them you have talked to other users who had the same problem.  They replaced my cable box and it's better.  It still restarts occasionally, but not as often.  No idea exactly what the problem is.  

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation