cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving tv cables

djunor
I've been here awhile

I need to move tv cable from middle of livingroom to side wall for open concept in my condo i own. The walls are all open right due to renovations and i am putting in a drop ceiling so to move cable would be easy access. Who do i contact to do this?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Moving tv cables

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the cable is not currently long enough, you can DIY by purchasing a barrel connector and the appropriate length of additional RG6 coaxial cable with connectors at both ends.  Rogers will sometimes do this at no charge or a small charge - depends on the technician and who you get as a CSR, but most times they won't.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

An electrician in your area. Try Yelp, etc. Cables inside your home past the demarc point are your responsibility, not the service provider.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the cable is not currently long enough, you can DIY by purchasing a barrel connector and the appropriate length of additional RG6 coaxial cable with connectors at both ends.  Rogers will sometimes do this at no charge or a small charge - depends on the technician and who you get as a CSR, but most times they won't.

djunor
I've been here awhile
The existing cable is RG59. The building was built in 1978.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, I've got RG59 in my house too, circa 1990.  RG6 is one step up from RG59, so it's recommended for indoor construction these days.  RG11 is sometimes used for the line feeding the home.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation