MTV Audio Problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjm2
I Plan to Stick Around

MTV Audio Problems

Anyone one else out there having audio problems with the MTV channels?   A few times a minute, the sound just cuts off for a brief moment - a bit annoying.

I've reported this a number of times but they want to send a technician over - not plausible during Covid social distancing. 

I had reported a similar audio problems with other channels in the past.   It was only after escalating the issue to Rogers management that they finally resolved the issue and found that it was the fault of the broadcaster.   Is history repeating itself?

*Added Labels*

snorlax
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: MTV Audio Problems

I had a problem similar to this when I bought my first flat screen TV several years ago.  I exchanged the TV thinking it was at fault but the problem continued.  I think I finally tracked it down.  The Rogers box was hooked up to the TV via an HDMI cable and was delivering Dolby encoded audio to the TV.  It was the TV's job to decode that audio however the tv did not have a Dolby logo on it or any of it's documentation.  It would appear the "Dolby" decoder in the TV was just not able to do the job properly.  When I switched the audio to PCM using the Rogers box setup menu the problem went away.  I suggest you do the same.