cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTV Audio Problems

mjm2
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone one else out there having audio problems with the MTV channels?   A few times a minute, the sound just cuts off for a brief moment - a bit annoying.

 

I've reported this a number of times but they want to send a technician over - not plausible during Covid social distancing. 

 

I had reported a similar audio problems with other channels in the past.   It was only after escalating the issue to Rogers management that they finally resolved the issue and found that it was the fault of the broadcaster.   Is history repeating itself?

 

*Added Labels*

15 REPLIES 15

Re: MTV Audio Problems

snorlax
I Plan to Stick Around

I had a problem similar to this when I bought my first flat screen TV several years ago.  I exchanged the TV thinking it was at fault but the problem continued.  I think I finally tracked it down.  The Rogers box was hooked up to the TV via an HDMI cable and was delivering Dolby encoded audio to the TV.  It was the TV's job to decode that audio however the tv did not have a Dolby logo on it or any of it's documentation.  It would appear the "Dolby" decoder in the TV was just not able to do the job properly.  When I switched the audio to PCM using the Rogers box setup menu the problem went away.  I suggest you do the same.

Re: MTV Audio Problems

Belles251
I've Been Around

@prepaidgiftbalance wrote:

Anyone one else out there having audio problems with the MTV channels?   A few times a minute, the sound just cuts off for a brief moment - a bit annoying.

 

I've reported this a number of times but they want to send a technician over - not plausible during Covid social distancing. 

 

I had reported a similar audio problems with other channels in the past.   It was only after escalating the issue to Rogers management that they finally resolved the issue and found that it was the fault of the broadcaster.   Is history repeating itself?

 

*Added Labels*


Opera mobile is an important distinction. This is almost certainly browser behaviour which you can do nothing about. I was using JQuery to play the audio. Is that make the problem? No not at all. The problem is how the browser deals with audio content, not how you play the file. 

Re: MTV Audio Problems

Seevers12469
I've Been Around

I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution.

Re: MTV Audio Problems

Good evening @Seevers12469,

 

Welcome to the Community!

 

Can you please elaborate a little on the audio issues you're experiencing? Is it restricted to the one channel? If you have more than one set top box, can you please confirm if the issue is happening on all the boxes?

 

Would it be possible for you to try what @snorlax has shared in the post here?

 

Please keep us posted :)!

 

 

 

 

RogersZia

Re: MTV Audio Problems

Audio on MTV keeps cutting in and out ,making channel unwatchable,problem on all boxes, neighbours boxes ect. ongoing problem on MTV same as before.Problem originating from broadcaster most likely same as before

Re: MTV Audio Problems

JR29
I've Been Around
Oh my gosh ...I think you just fixed my problem! Awesome! Thank you!!!

Re: MTV Audio Problems

mjm2
I Plan to Stick Around

Jr29.  Not sure what solution you’re looking at but the problem is still there.

 

 

Re: MTV Audio Problems

57
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A possible solution was outlined in post 2 of this thread. For most people, changing the audio output from the box usually fixes this sort of problem.  Usually the "other" or "PCM" setting does the trick instead of using Dolby Digital.  This may not work for everyone, but it helps a lot of people.



Re: MTV Audio Problems

miker
I'm Here A Lot

Have tried other and Dolby digital and problem continues.Have confirmed this same problem with multiple people  as has Rogers  tech support twice have been told problem with audio has been corrected and yet problem persists no reason for audio on MTV not to work the same as all other channels only alternative is to watch MTV shows on demand or stream them

Re: MTV Audio Problems

RickyJay
I've Been Here Awhile

MTV  sound skips all the time. Cannot watch the channel.  For me, it is ch. 52

Re: MTV Audio Problems

Hello, @RickyJay.

 

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

 

Thank you for joining this discussion; audio skipping can be bothersome to watching any channel. Is the audio skipping only for Channel 52?

 

What is your home video/audio setup? Like do you have an AV receiver, etc.?

 

Did you get a chance to read the posts by @snorlax and @57

 

 

@snorlax wrote: 

I had a problem similar to this when I bought my first flat screen TV several years ago.  I exchanged the TV thinking it was at fault but the problem continued.  I think I finally tracked it down.  The Rogers box was hooked up to the TV via an HDMI cable and was delivering Dolby encoded audio to the TV.  It was the TV's job to decode that audio however the tv did not have a Dolby logo on it or any of it's documentation.  It would appear the "Dolby" decoder in the TV was just not able to do the job properly.  When I switched the audio to PCM using the Rogers box setup menu the problem went away.  I suggest you do the same.

 

 

@57 wrote:

possible solution was outlined in post 2 of this thread. For most people, changing the audio output from the box usually fixes this sort of problem.  Usually the "other" or "PCM" setting does the trick instead of using Dolby Digital.  This may not work for everyone, but it helps a lot of people.

 

Let us know if the above suggestions were helpful. 

 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Re: MTV Audio Problems

RickyJay
I've Been Here Awhile

problem is only on MTV, ch. 52.  Rogers is aware of it.

Re: MTV Audio Problems

Ratkindler
I've Been Here Awhile

Wow!  I thought it was just me.  I was certain I had a connection problem.

Re: MTV Audio Problems

RickyJay
I've Been Here Awhile

but, Rogers does nothing about it.  They send you a tape message it is fixed; but never is.

What, i don't know.....is it a Rogers problem  OR, a MTV problem!

Re: MTV Audio Problems

mjm2
I Plan to Stick Around

I wanted to report issue again today.   39 to 59 minutes anticipated wait time - unacceptable.   And to moderator, yes, I've tried all the suggestions.  My audio is on "other" and not dolby.  I've rebooted countless times. the problem is ONLY on MTV (channel 59) .   I sometimes have issues with low volume and toggle audio settings and back to other and that seems to solve issue.  Problem likely continues to be with broadcaster but nothing will happen until Rogers reaches out to them.  Given that MTV is part of the CTV (Bell) family, i doubt that Rogers cares much about the quality of THEIR programming - it's to their advantage to tick off as many customers with anything to do with Bell.

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2485 views
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 in conversation