cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy TV - TV Ontario has NO Sound

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

Rogers is aware of last night's fibre cut in Ontario (by another provider), and the community thread about Service Interruptiions shows that most of the Toronto subscribers (for both Legacy TV and Ignite TV) are now good to go; the rest are estimated to be good by roughly 5pm today.

However, although TV Ontario HD (channels 2, 141, etc.) had its proper sound restored early this morning, it has lost its sound once again. I'm not sure if TV Ontario has an SD channel, but my antenna version has sound, so this is still a Rogers problem.

In the meantime, as a temporary fix, since the DVS audio is working, you can simply press the Info button, scroll down to More, and then scroll down to Audio Selection:English, then press the OK (Select) button on the remote to see the option for DVS English (Descriptive Video Service). Scroll down to it and select it. Wait a few seconds and you will have sound. It will also work for any recordings you make (just remember to reselect DVS English during playback of the recording).

We now return you to regular English Audio programming.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Legacy TV - TV Ontario has NO Sound

mebe
The regular English audio has been returned. The sounds of silence are no more. 🎤🎶🆒

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Legacy TV - TV Ontario has NO Sound

mebe
The regular English audio has been returned. The sounds of silence are no more. 🎤🎶🆒
Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 in conversation