cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula 1 Racing schedule.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I'm no longer a Rogers Digital Cable subscriber, I now have IPTV from my ISP.  When on Rogers Cable I recorded everything and just occasionally watched News live. That hasn't changed for me.

I had the Bahrain GP Qualifying  scheduled to record at 11:55 today on TSN, but what I got was a load of pre-qualifying interviews.  It looked like my scheduled recording was in a different time zone. As it turns out, I was able to see everything live as it happened an hour later. The first 2 qualifying sessions were interrupted by red flags, the second one for an hour. I didn't miss anything like I might have with Rogers Digital Cable. But I'm just curious what  kind of schedule Rogers customers saw on Digital Cable and Ignite, what you tried to record and whether you missed anything. Was the schedule messed up with the Brits going to DST this weekend?

***Edited Labels***

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Formula 1 Racing schedule.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Rogers IPG on digital cable was correct today for Quali.  I usually record the Pre-Quali show as well.  I always extend the time for Quali (and the race) by 3 hours, so I was able to catch everything despite the long delays.  I usually start watching about an hour after the start so that I can skip the commercials.

Yesterday, Practice 2 did not record (perhaps a last minute change), but it was delayed and I tuned in in time to record and see the last 55 minutes.

I usually compare the IPG with the F1 website a day or two before the event.  Based on the F1 website Rogers IPG looks correct for the race tomorrow at 1PM.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Rogers IPG on digital cable was correct today for Quali.  I usually record the Pre-Quali show as well.  I always extend the time for Quali (and the race) by 3 hours, so I was able to catch everything despite the long delays.  I usually start watching about an hour after the start so that I can skip the commercials.

Yesterday, Practice 2 did not record (perhaps a last minute change), but it was delayed and I tuned in in time to record and see the last 55 minutes.

I usually compare the IPG with the F1 website a day or two before the event.  Based on the F1 website Rogers IPG looks correct for the race tomorrow at 1PM.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

It looks like my IPTV guide for TSN was wrong yesterday. One hour ahead. The Qualifying I had set to record was actually Pre-Qualifying. Going back and checking today, it's now correct.  I too start watching my recordings about an hour after they've started to skip commercials. This time I ended up watching live.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I always record and watch Formula 1 on one of the TSN channels. Looking for next weekend's Miami Grand Prix, I can't find it anywhere.  Is it on some special channel or pay streaming service only?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's not until May 6-8.   https://www.formula1.com/en.html

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

You can't find it because it is not on next weekend. The race is Sunday May 8.

RHstats
I plan to stick around

I have found that the best way to record all F1 shows is to simply use the voice control and say 'Formula One'. It then brings up of the times and channels of FP2 (although it is listed as Practice 1), Qualy, the race and post race show.  Also, I never have to worry about mssing the end of qualy or the race should an incident occur causing the event to run past the time in the epg because the algorithm for the recording keeps recording until the event is over. However, I also almost never watch the race on TSN because I can't stand the commercials even though the show the ongoing race in a small PIP window.

I also subscribe to F1TV.com (best $ I have spent!!) and watch the race there.  I usually watch the pre-race show on TSN (F1TV  usually doesn't show SKY's pre-race show) then switch to F1tv once Martin Brundle's grid walk is finished. I can watch the race live or at any time as it is always available, I get to see the positions of the cars on the track and I can watch the race through the on board cameras of any of the cars incluuding communications between the driver and the pit wall.

I can use multiple screens including my computer with two screens, my iPhone and iPad. There is also access  to previous races in the season and earlier seasons. You can choose towatch the SKY broadcast or the F1 team broadcast and it is available in most ofthe major languages, i.e. English French, Italian, German, etc.

I highly reccomend it and it is available year round so you can get your F1 fix whenever you need it.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 in conversation