cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 button remote 990 code

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

I replaced my 5 button remote and I always could use the code 990 to find the 4 digit code

With that code it can tell me what the TV code is. The first number will blink the number of the code, 2nd number 3rd number and so forth, if it does not blink then the number is 0

Is 990 the correct code?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 5 button remote 990 code

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Make sure you're following the instructions exactly:

If you have set up the Atlas DVR/PVR 5-Device Universal Remote Control with Learning by searching for your device code (on the previous page), you may need to find out which four-digit code is operating your equipment.

For example, to find out which code is operating your TV:

1. On the remote control, press TV once; it will blink once. Then press and hold SETUP until the TV key blinks twice.

2. Enter 9 9 0. The TV key will blink twice.

3. To view the code for the first digit, press 1 once. Count the number of times the TV key blinks (e.g., 3 blinks = 3) and write down the number in the leftmost TV Code box on page 10.

NOTE: If a code digit is 0, the selected mode key will not blink.

1. Repeat step 3 three more times for the remaining digits. Use 2 for the second digit, 3 for the third digit, and 4 for the fourth digit. Finish writing down the code in the TV Code boxes on page 10.

2. To check for other device codes, repeat steps 1 through 4, but substitute the appropriate key (e.g., AUX, DVD, AUD, or CBL) for the device you are checking. Write down the codes in the appropriate boxes on page 10.

If that doesn't work for you, use the instructions from URC in my previous post to programme in the code.  Write down the code somewhere you'll remember, like the back of the TV, or the remote operating manual, etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The 990 code doesn't magically tell you the code for the TV.  It tells you what code is programmed into the remote.  If the remote is new or reset to factory spec, then there is no code in there for TVs, or it could be the code for another TV programmed by someone else..  Go to the following website, click the remote model, click setup, then find your TV's make and model.  Programme that into the remote.

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/

Once you have selected your remote from the link above, it will allow you to download the quick operating manual (near the bottom right) and you can use it to properly programme the remote.

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

I'm replacing my remote control and I want the 4 digit code from the old remote control.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Make sure you're following the instructions exactly:

If you have set up the Atlas DVR/PVR 5-Device Universal Remote Control with Learning by searching for your device code (on the previous page), you may need to find out which four-digit code is operating your equipment.

For example, to find out which code is operating your TV:

1. On the remote control, press TV once; it will blink once. Then press and hold SETUP until the TV key blinks twice.

2. Enter 9 9 0. The TV key will blink twice.

3. To view the code for the first digit, press 1 once. Count the number of times the TV key blinks (e.g., 3 blinks = 3) and write down the number in the leftmost TV Code box on page 10.

NOTE: If a code digit is 0, the selected mode key will not blink.

1. Repeat step 3 three more times for the remaining digits. Use 2 for the second digit, 3 for the third digit, and 4 for the fourth digit. Finish writing down the code in the TV Code boxes on page 10.

2. To check for other device codes, repeat steps 1 through 4, but substitute the appropriate key (e.g., AUX, DVD, AUD, or CBL) for the device you are checking. Write down the codes in the appropriate boxes on page 10.

If that doesn't work for you, use the instructions from URC in my previous post to programme in the code.  Write down the code somewhere you'll remember, like the back of the TV, or the remote operating manual, etc.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation