cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Smarthome monitoring issue.

Andrewholbrook
I've been here awhile

I have the R.S.M. Automate package and have it set to send notifications as well as video clips to my Gmail account every time my door is opened. I quickly noticed that these emails where being sent from Notifications@smarthome.rogers.com and they are completely unencrypted. No Transport Layer Security which oddly enough is used by Roger's for any other email communication, even those non-sensitive promotional emails that are addressed "dear customer " . I contacted Roger's over a month ago asking why they didn't encrypt emails that included security footage from inside my home and a ticket was opened along with assurance that someone would get back to me to follow up. No one did. And the sensitive security footage continued to come unencrypted.
So I called back a month later and got no answers , no explanations and more assurances that someone would get back to me. Some how I doubt anyone will.
I would like to know if anyone else has noticed this obvious security flaw and if so was anything done about it? What was their response?

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Roger's Smarthome monitoring security flaw

RogersRahul

Greetings @Andrewholbrook,

Protecting our customer and company information is a top priority at Rogers. We'd love to help take a further look into what's happening with your account. We'll just need some more information to get started.

• Can you provide email headers to further investigate this issue?
  • Have you tried another email address?
  • Do you recall when this issue first began? Were any changes made to your setup?

Thank you and we are looking forward to your reply.

RogersRahul

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation