cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently my SD card stopped rec

Mcoley99
I've been around

Checked my system today and card has stopped recording. Tried to delete files off card from console and gave me error message.... Told me to insert a new card. But card was brand new like three months ago. Help!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Apparently my SD card stopped rec

RogersCorey

Hello and welcome to our Community @Mcoley99!

SD cards can be finnicky sometimes. I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with yours. 

Can you confirm if this is a class 10 card?

It may have bad or corrupted sectors. I would recommend that you insert the SD card into a computer and attempt to reformat it to see if that will fix this error. 

Are you familiar with this process?

Regards,

RogersCorey

alphateng
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I have a similar issue.

Initially, I tried to extract the recorded video through the USB port to a USB thumb drive and the extracted videos are not recognized by my Mac.

So I figured I'll extract the videos directly from the SD Card (stopping the 24/7 recording setting then ejected the SD Card out of the touchpad), but the SD Card is not recognized by my Mac, so I reformatted the SD Card.

To my frustration, the touchpad is not recognizing the SD Card (yes, it is Class 10 and 64gb).

I rebooted the touchpad and still nothing change. Is there any other solution? 

Thanks

Hello, @alphateng

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can imagine how frustrating it is to find that your SD card is no longer working on your touchpad. 😞

• Do you have any other devices you can use to try to play the video through the USB drive?
  • Did you reboot the touchpad and then insert the card? If yes, please insert the card first and then reboot the touchscreen.

Let us know if the touchpad is still not recognizing the SD card after rebooting with the card inserted.

RogersTony

alphateng
I've been here awhile

Hi @RogersTony ,

• Do you have any other devices you can use to try to play the video through the USB drive? We can only use Mac in the house and it does not recognize the SD Card so I have to reformat the SD Card to make it readable again. Unfortunately, the reformating erase all the video files. Prior to this, I had tried extracting the video files directly to the touchpad. To my surprise, neither VLC Player or Quick Time Player recognize the .mov files. This is what triggered my attempt to extract video files directly from the SD Card.
  • Did you reboot the touchpad and then insert the card? If yes, please insert the card first and then reboot the touchscreen. Yes, I reboot then insert. I also tried insert then reboot. Both efforts do not make the touchpad recognize the SD Card. I even tried other Class10 SD Cards I (smaller than 64gb)  have in hand at home and the touchpad won't recognize the SD Cards either.

Any other actions to take and allowing the touchpad resume the 24/7 recording? Thanks!

Hello again, @alphateng

Thanks so much for providing me with the additional details.

We'll need to do some tests on your equipment to see if we can detect an issue with the touchpad. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

Chris662
I've been around
Exact same issue I just discovered today. Tried rebooting the unit with the SD card inserted. Nothing. Tried deleting existing video, I get an error message. Yes, I have the proper type sd card inserted and it is only about 1 month old.

Lambchops71
I've been here awhile

I have the same issue.....it just stopped recording. What to do? 

Hello, @Lambchops71

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulation on your first post!

I can understand how concerning it is to have your camera recording stop all of a sudden. We definitely want to help you resolve this. 

1. Please go over to the Touchpad for the monitoring system and tap on the camera widget. 
  2. Check to see if there is a red REC icon on the top corner of the screen, if it is red then tap on it to turn off the recording function.
  3. Once the recording function is turned off, remove the SD card from the Touchpad.
  4. Reboot the Touchpad by going to Settings - enter your Master code - tap on troubleshooting - then tap on Reboot Touchpad and follow the steps on the screen.
  5. Once the reboot is complete, insert the SD card into the Touchpad.
  6. Tap on the camera widget and tap on REC to turn the recording back on.

Let us know if issues are persistent for you.

RogersTony

Lambchops71
I've been here awhile

Yes, i did that yesterday before i got your message and that worked. All good. 

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 in conversation