cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpleasant Telemarketing Calls From Rogers

EdH
I plan to stick around

Several times in the past and including today I have had a Roger's (Are these really Roger's employees or just Joe Blow's call centre down the street trying to make a buck?) telemarketer call. The first thing out of this person's mouth was, "I understand you are a Bell customer." No. I have NOT personally been a bell customer for at least fifteen years, perhaps even longer. The person who's land line you just called hasn't been a Bell customer for eight years. If you are going to call, please make sure you at least find out who you are talking to. I could be "Alexis" or "Google" for all you know. Please update your information and lastly, if you find out the person you are calling already is with Rogers, don't just hang up. I realize that people no longer care about manners but I do, so at least apologize for interrupting me. I took the time to answer your call so acknowledging that would be nice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unpleasant Telemarketing Calls From Rogers

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JSF130 : if you have a concern, here's link to use to voice it:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

Please be aware that telemarketers often spoof the Rogers number and it's not always Rogers calling. The only time I receive calls from Rogers is if I have opened a ticket with them and they're calling to assist or tell me they're working on it, or it's fixed, etc. 

You can usually tell if they're telemarketers because they don't have the proper information about you - like the fact that they're calling to "sell" Rogers services when you're already a customer.  That's why you got the hangup.  Here's a post on spotting spoofers.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Blocking-Unwanted-Callers-Tele...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers does outsource some calling from 3rd party companies..

But ones like this?  Saying that 'i understand that you are on bell' 
I would be very wary of them... most likley phishing for account information.

EdH
I plan to stick around

Yeah, I never thought about the phishing, but it probably was. I was just so annoyed at the time , all I thought of was, why are you calling? As for obtaining any information, he sure wasn't about to get any.

JSF130
I've been here awhile

Like most, I too dislike getting telemarketing calls at all hours of the day and evening.Yesterday I received a call I thought I could answer with confidence - directly from Rogers (1-888-764-3771),MY service provider. Imagine my surprise when the gentleman tried to sell me the very services I already have.When I pointed this out,did I get an "Oh sorry" or "Thanks for being a Rogers Customer"? No,what I got was no word at all, but just a rude hang up, as if I had been wasting HIS time.I really can't believe that Rogers would condone this complete lack of professionalism,calling existing customers and treating them so rudely.More likely to lose customers than gain them IMO.I tried to report this directly to Rogers at a level that would be concerned,but no such vehicle seems to exist.It would be my hope that someone here would see fit to pass this on to the powers that be.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JSF130 : if you have a concern, here's link to use to voice it:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

Please be aware that telemarketers often spoof the Rogers number and it's not always Rogers calling. The only time I receive calls from Rogers is if I have opened a ticket with them and they're calling to assist or tell me they're working on it, or it's fixed, etc. 

You can usually tell if they're telemarketers because they don't have the proper information about you - like the fact that they're calling to "sell" Rogers services when you're already a customer.  That's why you got the hangup.  Here's a post on spotting spoofers.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Blocking-Unwanted-Callers-Tele...

JSF130
I've been here awhile

Thanks! I did use the first link. Some good tips in the second one. 

Halfsugar
I've been around

On September 8, 1:06pm. I have been called by 1844-959-1800 with a caller ID showing “Rogers”.

He claim to be the Rogers team and wanted to provide a better phone plan that suits me without asking my opinions of wether I wanted this conversation or no.

He then carried on with few questions such as what app you use or what app you would like to have in the future...etc

I don’t want to be rude since we all work in service industry and I understand how harsh it could be. However, when the person is been polite and answered all your questions but if he said he needs to go, stop forcing him to stay and let it go.

After I have been telling him the second time I need to go, he then pulling up the my personal phone plan information without verify who he is talking to. It might not be me who’s answering the call and you just shared my personal information to other people.

I have to ask him three times politely yet he still doesn’t let me go, I have hang up like a rude customer in order to get rid of him.

I have never seen any disrespectful and impolite salesman in my life. If he is part ROGERS team member, then ROGERS you need to have a better training on how to KEEP customers’ information SAFE as your primary duty, and increase your customer service.

Hello @Halfsugar,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide a good customer service. 

We value your feedback and we can definitely review your account to see if you were indeed called by one of our teams.

Let us know if you'd like us to take closer look into this for you :).

RogersZia

xxx911
I've been around

I am also incredibly annoyed by the onslaught of Rogers telemarketing phone calls. It is not a spoofed number. They've called me Wednesday & Friday of this week alone. They've been annoying me all hours of the day nearly weekly for some time now. An e-mail to request your personal information be removed from their system is next to impossible. No doesn't mean no to you Rogers?  I will never ever, ever, ever, EVER get a Rogers product and recommend my family to never get involved with Rogers, unless they're prepared to be harassed with phone calls. 

Good day @xxx911,

We hope this message finds you well! Thanks so much for sharing your concerns with the rest of the community. 🙂

Receiving unwanted calls can definitely be a nuisance! I'm surprised that our marketing folks have been calling you this often, that's not nice. 😞 By any chance, did you request to have them remove you from their marketing lists moving forward? I know this type of request may sometimes take a few weeks to fully go through.

Feel free to shoot us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to assist in removing your info from our internal marketing lists, if needed. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation