Unpleasant Telemarketing Calls From Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Unpleasant Telemarketing Calls From Rogers

Several times in the past and including today I have had a Roger's (Are these really Roger's employees or just Joe Blow's call centre down the street trying to make a buck?) telemarketer call. The first thing out of this person's mouth was, "I understand you are a Bell customer." No. I have NOT personally been a bell customer for at least fifteen years, perhaps even longer. The person who's land line you just called hasn't been a Bell customer for eight years. If you are going to call, please make sure you at least find out who you are talking to. I could be "Alexis" or "Google" for all you know. Please update your information and lastly, if you find out the person you are calling already is with Rogers, don't just hang up. I realize that people no longer care about manners but I do, so at least apologize for interrupting me. I took the time to answer your call so acknowledging that would be nice.

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unpleasant Telemarketing Calls From Rogers

Rogers does outsource some calling from 3rd party companies..

But ones like this?  Saying that 'i understand that you are on bell' 
I would be very wary of them... most likley phishing for account information.

I'm Here A Lot

Yeah, I never thought about the phishing, but it probably was. I was just so annoyed at the time , all I thought of was, why are you calling? As for obtaining any information, he sure wasn't about to get any.

I've Been Here Awhile

Like most, I too dislike getting telemarketing calls at all hours of the day and evening.Yesterday I received a call I thought I could answer with confidence - directly from Rogers (1-888-764-3771),MY service provider. Imagine my surprise when the gentleman tried to sell me the very services I already have.When I pointed this out,did I get an "Oh sorry" or "Thanks for being a Rogers Customer"? No,what I got was no word at all, but just a rude hang up, as if I had been wasting HIS time.I really can't believe that Rogers would condone this complete lack of professionalism,calling existing customers and treating them so rudely.More likely to lose customers than gain them IMO.I tried to report this directly to Rogers at a level that would be concerned,but no such vehicle seems to exist.It would be my hope that someone here would see fit to pass this on to the powers that be.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JSF130 : if you have a concern, here's link to use to voice it:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

Please be aware that telemarketers often spoof the Rogers number and it's not always Rogers calling. The only time I receive calls from Rogers is if I have opened a ticket with them and they're calling to assist or tell me they're working on it, or it's fixed, etc. 

You can usually tell if they're telemarketers because they don't have the proper information about you - like the fact that they're calling to "sell" Rogers services when you're already a customer.  That's why you got the hangup.  Here's a post on spotting spoofers.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Blocking-Unwanted-Callers-Tele...

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks! I did use the first link. Some good tips in the second one.