cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam call?

DJ24
I've been around

I got a call from 416-XXX-1332 saying they were calling from Rogers, offering Ignite 500 plus TV for $55 for 2 years with a price lock in. But they needed my Name, email and full address. I asked since they called me should they not have that? Not sure if this is legit? Did I pass on a good deal? lol Too many scams out there I have become really cautious.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Scam call?

RogersYasmine

Hello @DJ24 ,

Thanks for posting your concerns in the Rogers Community! It's always a good idea to confirm the legitimacy of an offer before moving forward--especially if it seems a bit sketchy.

Typically, if you are a previous customer of ours and one of our outbound sales agents is reaching out to try and 'win back your business', so to speak, then they should already have your name, address, and contact details on hand. 

If not or you are simply feeling uneasy, I would recommend asking them to document your account with the said offer so you can reach out to Rogers directly to verify it. 

I do not personally recognize the phone number you've provided so I don't believe it is a legitimate Rogers number.  With that being said, feel free to send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to check your account to see if any notes have been left regarding the offer provided. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersYasmine

Hello @DJ24 ,

Thanks for posting your concerns in the Rogers Community! It's always a good idea to confirm the legitimacy of an offer before moving forward--especially if it seems a bit sketchy.

Typically, if you are a previous customer of ours and one of our outbound sales agents is reaching out to try and 'win back your business', so to speak, then they should already have your name, address, and contact details on hand. 

If not or you are simply feeling uneasy, I would recommend asking them to document your account with the said offer so you can reach out to Rogers directly to verify it. 

I do not personally recognize the phone number you've provided so I don't believe it is a legitimate Rogers number.  With that being said, feel free to send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to check your account to see if any notes have been left regarding the offer provided. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

I receive a call from rogers. (1(833) 252-4419 saying they had a deal for me, but the number didn’t match any rogers customers services. Is this legit.

Hi @Oliverdthuuh,

Welcome to the Community!

While we do not know every contact number our different outbound teams use, what we can do is check your account to see if a call went out from us. Let us know if that would work for you :).

RogersZia

I also got a call from (416) 410-6983 claiming to be from Roger’s on mobile deals - is this number legitimate?

Greetings @christopherslev!

No, that is not a legitimate number from us. It was a good thing that you came to ask here. It's best to be vigilant!

You can find all of our legitimate contact numbers here: www.rogers.com/contact

Regards,

RogersCorey

They requested my email address which I had to repeat several times - they said this is not a email address that I linked to a Roger’s account. I asked for my email when I refused to give them anything else. Not sure what harm they can do with the email address? My account is also backed up with a security passport that is needed which nobody has so they can’t easily order anything on my account.

Be aware that scammers can spoof any name and phone number display they want. 

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 in conversation