cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers signed me up for a 2 year contract without my knowledge

Ryan55
I've been here awhile

On March 14 Rogers signed me up for a 2 year internet contract without my knowledge. I was a regular month to month customer prior to this.

The customer service person said an agent spoke to me on the phone and confirmed my cell phone number but this phone call never took place.

I opened a fraud investigation but never received a call from them. I called customer service who said they tried to call on either March 18 or 19, he said he didn't know which day but I didn't answer. This is false as I do not have a missed call or voicemail from anyone. I again confirmed they have the correct phone number on file.

He said someone will call again on either April 4 or 5 and it's the end of the day but still no phone call.

I need this resolved ASAP.

**Labels Added**

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rogers signed me up for a 2 year contract without my knowledge

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ryan55 Not sure why this happened but if you are an existing customer and tried to get a new promotion applied to your account, it's possible that yours, with the 2-year contract, was the only one available to you.  (A while ago, I considered dropping my Ignite TV service.  I inquired about month-to-month promotions for Ignite Internet but was told that I only qualified for discounts with a 2-year term.)

I would suggest sending a private message to @CommunityHelps and ask if they able to sort this out for you.

Ryan55
I've been here awhile

Thanks but I didn't reach out for any promotions. I randomly got an email that described the details of my account changes.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ryan55 Yeah, no, that should not have happened.  I would still suggest reaching out to the @CommunityHelps team to see if they can provide you with any additional information or any new updates.

Olshep
I've been around

Im going through the same issue, and they are telling me I can't cancel since I signed a 2 year contract. This has to be the biggest joke, scamming in broad daylight. 

Ryan55
I've been here awhile
File a complaint with https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

I was on hold for 35 minutes on Friday and going on 35 minutes today. I can't even get a hold of anybody now

Hello. I want to complain! How can i do this? Your manager lied me and took advantage of my weak English! When I connected my home Internet, your manager did not tell me that I was entering into a contract for 24 months!!! You signed me up for 24 months without my consent!!! He told me that I could close the Internet at any time!!! He didn’t even let me study the contract, they told me about a completely different tariff and conditions, I trusted your manager and was deceived!!! I'm newcomer in Canada! I only live 3 months! Now when I want to leave Canada and want to turn off my internet you tell me I have to pay a bill of over $300 for it!!! I don't have money to pay! I was deceived, I was not told about these rules! I want to complain! I want to close the Internet and not pay this big bill!!!

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation