cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Wireless Scam

Sam_A
I've been around

I recently received a call from an individual claiming to have a great Rogers Wireless Promotion. iPhone 15, on a two year term, etc., etc. He asked for my MyRogers e-mail address, and nothing else, so I didn’t think much of it. He said he would have his supervisor call back the following day to confirm the order. The following day the “Supervisor” contacted me, and asked to confirm my MyRogers e-mail address again, and asked me to provide a verification code which was sent to my e-mail address. The e-mail I received was actually from Rogers, which is what deceived me, but I should’ve known better. What they were actually doing in the background was using the provided e-mail address to click the “Forgot My Password” button, and using the verification code to change your password and gain access to your account. Just wanted to share so folks can be aware of the scam and avoid falling for it.

I spoke to a Rogers agent after the fact, and they provided some good advice. If you ever receive a similar call, always ask them to put a note on your account and to call you back after a few hours or the following day. In the meantime, you can contact Rogers and verify the call. Anyone contacting you from Rogers or on behalf of Rogers should have a trail of the call in the system. If there’s no indication of the call you can be sure it’s a scam.

Cheers everyone.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Rogers Wireless Scam

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What did the Verification email say? did it say something along the lines of "do not give this code to anyone, even rogers employees"?

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation