cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Solution Refund

Jonathan3440
I plan to stick around

Hey, I know Rogers had a 100 visa gift card deal going on with my s8 preorder and I called yesterday about it and the guy on the phone said they haven't started sending them out yet but I got a message today but I can't tell if it's a scam link or not. Can anyone confirm?

The number is 905 866 9610 and the message reads

Rogers Solutions Refund! Collect your money at: ***LINK REMOVED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES***

***EDITED LABELS***

63 REPLIES 63

Re: Rogers Solution Refund

amitkban
I've been around

I received this text with the link which redirects to the interac deposit screen & looks legit but am sure is a scam ....beware!!!!
you just receive money from : (*R0GERS*) --*C0DE: 63925// 

Hello @amitkban,

Thanks for your post & welcome to the Rogers Community!

Spam text messages are something you should remain vigilant with. No one wants to get them, but everyone who owns a cellphone does. Thanks for raising awareness!

Please report spam texts to Rogers by forwarding them to 7726. It’s quick and easy, and it helps us in keeping the network free from malicious messages.

Cheers!

RogersMaude

365-400-2138 same thing, I messaged Rogers as well and they confirmed its a SCAM SCAM SCAM.  Reported!

cw4runner
I've been around

I received this text:

Incoming e-Transfer: Rogers Communications sent you money due to an overcharge on your last phone bill. See http://mobiledepo.host/

How do I post screenshots here?

Chucks
I've been around

Rogers Scam from text message

Just received this from phone number :+1 (579) 589-0681
Dear customer, after reviewing your account (647 2******) an overcharging error has been detected on your account. Please refund your money at: (Removed suspicious URL from post - RogersTony)

When I clicked it just to see why it let to, it went to a normal page for when receive an e-transfer. I didn’t click it 

RogersAli
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Chucks,  

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out! 

Getting spam messages is the worse and very misleading. 

As @RogersCorey mentioned previously in this post, Please forward any and all spam by texting 7726 (SPAM) by pressing and holding the body of the message, then press the forward button and send to 7726. No additional charges apply for using this service. We've flagged it from our end as well for tracking.

If you have any other questions or issues please don't hesitate to reach out, always our pleasure to help.

Regards, 

RogersAli 

AngelaPF
I've been around
ROGERS - Hi member, you have been overcharged on previous payments. See canada-return.info to claim a refund.

I have recieved this morning unsure if it is scam !!!

Good afternoon and welcome to the Community @AngelaPF,

Spam messages have become quite a pain these days. Please report spam texts to Rogers by forwarding them to 7726. It’s quick and easy, and it helps us in keeping the network free from malicious messages.

Always remember to avoid entering personal or banking information in suspicious messages or links.

RogersZia

Got something like that too, as TXT from this number:
There's a link too
Etransfer-interact.ml

DO NOT CLICK.

lturek
I've been around

I received a text that says i received a refund from rogers.    Is this is a scam?   it looks legit.   its from rogers support mobile.com.   Hesitating to open it. 

Hello, @lturek.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

You have posted your query in the right thread. If it sounds like a scam, then most likely it is. We don't send refund via text message; it would get directly adjusted on your bill. 

Please forward the suspected SPAM message to 7726 (SPAM), and they will be audited and then blocked from the Rogers network as a whole.

Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

I received a text today from that claimed that Rogers overcharged me last month and they are sending me a refund which I have to claim through online banking. Is this legit or a scam?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Acurt048 : This is a scam.  Rogers would simply credit your account.  If you look at this scam forum (to which your post may have been moved) you'll see other similar posts/threads.

Please forward the text to Rogers at 7726 (spam).  This way they may be able to prevent future scams from this source.

hula_balu
I've been around

money return text from "rogers" (1-705-418-1510)

hi,

i received a text message from this number 1-705-418-1510 saying "(my rogers) you've got a money return this month! no payment required to see below (malicious link removed - RogersMoin)

is this legitimate? 

thanks, 

JD

rogers will never send you a text from a consumer number, they will always text you from a short code. and secondly, when you get a refund, its automatically credited to your bill, you never have to click a link or sign in, its a scham

Soccermom416
I've been around
If you get a text from 400-14 or anything like that don’t answer!!! It’s. a scam. They say they’re from Rogers and they’ll have your information. Account and account balance and tell you it’s overdue. This is NOT Rogers. It’s a scam. Don’t answer!

bogdanlazar
I plan to stick around

Scam in the name of Rogers. "Money refunded by Rogers because of overcharge".

I have received today, October 7, 2019, three messages, from the phone number +1 (819) 471-7328, during an interval of about 10 minutes, all of them reading:

"Rogers#31596: Because of the overcharge made on your past bills, $63.53 has been refunded to you. Please claim it on bill286.online

18:56"

The other two message are identical except they start with different numbers, namely: Rogers#35086 and Rogers#310886.

This is the precise time of each message:

10/07/2019 19:16 $0.30 Incoming SMS
10/07/2019 19:09 $0.30 Incoming SMS
10/07/2019 19:06 $0.30 Incoming SMS 

Please block this number because it drains my "Pay as you go" card. The messages already cost me $0.9 and I am afraid they will keep coming.

This is the content of the site bill286.online:

"Deposit Your Money
$63.53 CAD

Expires: November 29, 2018
Notice: Thank you for being an active subscriber.
Select Your Financial Institution

OR
Select Your Financial Institution
Select a Financial Institution from the list above
Select Province or Territory
Select a Province from the list above
Select Credit Union
Select a Credit Union from the list above

Don't Bank Online?
If you haven't registered for online banking at your financial Institution or if you can't find your bank in the above options, there are other ways you can deposit your money.

Interac e-Transfer
Privacy Policy
Security
This is a secure Transaction

© 2000 — 2019 Acxsys Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use
® Trade-Mark of Interac Inc. Used under licence"

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bogdanlazar :  Please forward the message to 7726 (SPAM).  You will then receive a response from Rogers saying that they will take care of it.

The next time you have a need to talk to PAYGo customer service, advise them of the spam calls and they will provide you with a credit. For $1 it's usually not worth your time to call in, but if you're talking to them about something else, it's worthwhile mentioning and getting the credit.

bogdanlazar
I plan to stick around

I reported the scam to 7726 and I received an automatic confirmation that they would take care of it. I have not received any more messages after the three I talked about in my previous post.

I have another question:

Sometimes I receive calls from Unknown. No phone number is displayed. Some of these calls do not come from spammers. In September 2019, Rogers sent me an SMS telling that, starting with the month of November, they would implement the Universal Call Blocking.

Question:

Will such a call, displayed as coming from "Unknown", be blocked?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bogdanlazar wrote:

...Universal Call Blocking.... Will such a call, displayed as coming from "Unknown", be blocked?

I don't believe so. Here's the thread on that topic. It relates to numbers that don't meet the NA standard.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/CRTC-calls-for-universal-netwo...

block incoming calls that contain telephone numbers that do not comply with North American or International numbering plans e.g. 00000.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/universal-call-blocking

bogdanlazar
I plan to stick around

Today, October 8, 2019, I got a call from the number +1 (226) 894-4929 and a robot (a woman voice speaking english) told me that the call is from the federal department of justice, I believe, and ignoring the call is a serious crime. I ended the call.

This is again a scam but how can I report it because the number 7726 is just for SMS spam, not calls.

In my Rogers account, at View Call/Transaction History, the call is displayed without a number, like this:

10/08/2019 14:19 $0.50 Incoming Call

The number +1 (226) 894-4929 I can see only on the screen of my mobile phone.

Topic Stats