cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Solution Refund

Jonathan3440
I plan to stick around

Hey, I know Rogers had a 100 visa gift card deal going on with my s8 preorder and I called yesterday about it and the guy on the phone said they haven't started sending them out yet but I got a message today but I can't tell if it's a scam link or not. Can anyone confirm?

The number is 905 866 9610 and the message reads

Rogers Solutions Refund! Collect your money at: ***LINK REMOVED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES***

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Solution Refund

RogersCorey

Hello @Jonathan3440 and @CC78!

Thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of the Community. This is definitely a phishing scam.

We would never send a refund via Interac like this. If you ever receive a strange communication from what appears to be us, we are always available to confirm whether or not it's legit. You did the right thing by asking here.

Please forward any spam/scam text messages you receive to 7726 and we will submit to our Reporting Module for assessment and review, and then block it permanently if it's deemed SPAM.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

63 REPLIES 63

CC78
I've been around

I got the same message in the middle of the night! Is this a scam?
Rogers Communications Refund! Collect your funds:

***LINK REMOVED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES***

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jonathan3440

Please do not enter any information on that link. It's a scam email / text that will forward u to what looks like a legit page but will be scamming ur account.

RogersCorey

Hello @Jonathan3440 and @CC78!

Thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of the Community. This is definitely a phishing scam.

We would never send a refund via Interac like this. If you ever receive a strange communication from what appears to be us, we are always available to confirm whether or not it's legit. You did the right thing by asking here.

Please forward any spam/scam text messages you receive to 7726 and we will submit to our Reporting Module for assessment and review, and then block it permanently if it's deemed SPAM.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Received same text last night, which I deleted without opening. Is there somewhere that Roger's can warn all account holders so that everyone knows about it?

Thank you!

Jonathan3440
I plan to stick around
Will do! Thanks for the response, I had a feeling it was but it just seemed coincidental with the call I made prior. Good thing I asked!

Jonathan3440
I plan to stick around
Thanks!

jkroesen
I'm a trusted contributor

Smiley HappyHi everyone... Haven't been around for a while... been busy busy... Just wanted to share a text I got today... 

Rec'd a text stating: 

Interac E Transfer: Rogers Comminications Partnership mobility (Solution) sent you money after a billing error.  Click here to deposit your refund funds: see 

then there is a box to tap

I myself am 99% sure this is not valid... nor did I tap.. but wanted to put my experince here as I had a hard time locating information on this in google. or rogers site

*Edited Labels*

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor
I think you can be 99.9% sure that it is a phishing attempt. They are also showing up as being from CRA and some other companies/businesses.

Rogers Text message fraud received May 13 2017

Received a smishing message from Rogers. It said its Rogers 28th anniversary and I qualify for a $28 rebate that would be deposited directly in my bank account if I follow their instructions. I deleted the text and so I don't have the info to report to the Canadian Anti Fraud Centre. It's odd that I get this text from Rogers after I had placed 3 calls to them over a week about tech issues with my cable, internet and home phone. I had asked that they text me when problems were resolved since my internet and home phone were not working. They did text me saying issues fixed. And then the same day I get this dammed text. You would think Rogers would have better security internally so their customers confidential info is not shared or given to whomever it is that sends these smishing texts. I work for a corporation and they have maximum protection for our customers. Rogers is a tech company and this should not be happening. My monthly bill for Rogers services are criminal to say the least, and I have minimal cell and home phone plans, compared to many others. We are all being abused by these companies. 

Through just about any reverse lookup site, while you cant always find the USER name specifically, you can find out what the number is registered to ROGERS or another carrier.

Its very unlikely that rogers is selling or giving away that info.

These spam places just collect numbers and send stuff out to them.

People complain all the time that their number was 'sold' to all these random spam callers, etc.

It can even be as simple as a AUTODIALER.
Calls 555-1234
Then 555-1235, etc
Even something like that.. if they sent out a FAKE rogers text/phone call.. so the person is on bell and disregards it?  Who cares.. as long as some of them end up at a rogers person, who may end up FALLING for it.

Just got a text from 613.451.0272

Just got a text. It links to "gsm-ro.cxx".

And then it states that I have been overbilled 75.xx.

After reading posts above, I stopped. Just bringing the number to attention.

My wife and I got the same text, promptly sent my kids texts telling them to be aware of the scam.

Just reporting a spam incident... Currently using this phone number (438) 989-0021

Hello, @MarkandJoanne and @RDNgirl,

It's great that you were both able to spot those spam messages, as they're getting more and more tricky these days.

As @RogersCorey mentioned previously in this post, please forward any spam/scam text messages you receive to 7726 and we can submit it for assessment and review, and then block it if it's indeed deemed SPAM.

Stay diligent!

RogersShaun

SueCorvette
I've been here awhile

I also got a text message saying a money transfer refund is now available. When I clicked on it, it says select the bank and receive $110.50
Clearly a scam. Be wary folks.

jeffnwoko45
I've been around
Please I got a text message from this no 416-271-1654 saying your mobility provider is refunding me $87.68 through interac . I want to know of this is a scam or is genuine. So I can go ahead with the interac or I delete the message.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jeffnwoko45

Do not reply to that text or open any link. It's a scam.

I received the attached text message this morning. Link takes you to a legit looking e-transfer page. I have not taken any further action. Please advise. 474D7B66-148B-47FA-970B-780A09195F5D.jpeg

Hey @NadineAlice,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum! 

This is most certainly spam, please disregard it. As @RogersCorey mentioned previously in this post, please forward any spam/scam text messages you receive to 7726 and we can submit it for assessment and review, and then block it if it's indeed deemed SPAM.

RogersCilio

17093417069   same thing please click and deposit

@Meowmixwrote:
Hello @Jonathan3440

Please do not enter any information on that link. It's a scam email / text that will forward u to what looks like a legit page but will be scamming ur account.

your refund interac.

Topic Stats