cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robocalls from Shanghai

MsDes
I've been here awhile

Hi all! I have been getting more than usual robocalls, all from Shanghai. I don’t have any relatives from there nor do I speak Mandarin. It starts off with an English speaking woman saying a call is coming in, and then a woman speaking Mandarin comes on. I normally ignore them but these particular calls flow over 4 voicemails (ie. I call would leave 4 voicemails.) I have tried blocking without success but the calls keep coming, some of them tagged “Likely Fraud”. Is anyone experiencing this similar problem?
I would happily ignore but literally the other day I had 16 voicemails, all from the spam/robocall. Thanks in advance! 🙏🏽

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Robocalls from Shanghai

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just so you are aware, Everyone gets those calls, yes even people who are using other phone providers like Telus, bell, Koodo, Freedom, Shaw. etc.    Not much you can do,  blocking the numbers wont solve anything as they will call back from another random number.  Complain to the government.

Re: Robocalls from Shanghai

MsDes
I've been here awhile
Okay thanks Pauly. I wouldn’t normally care but it’s the problem with the overflow voicemails that is worrisome. If that’s happening to a lot of folks that must be a toll on voicemail servers. (4 voicemails for 1 call!)
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation