cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Internet Account

khalidshah
I've been here awhile

Few months ago, I started receiving emails that I have paid my bill from Rogers.  Initially, I dismissed these emails as phishing as I have no Rogers account (other than my wife's phone) that I have full authorization for.  However, I received these emails again that the bill has been paid.  I contacted rogers few months back. I was told that Fraud department will investigate and get back to me.  Surprise, surprise, they never did.  I forgot about it.  Two weeks ago, I contacted Rogers about the issue.  Apparently, some has internet under my name, Driver's license and DOB.  They promised to get back to me again but again nothing.  I called last week and insisted on talking to someone. They spoke to fraud department and suggested, they will close the account and forwarded to cancellation department. When I spoke with cancellation, I realized that nothing has been and essentially it was treated as I am cancelling my account and will have to pay the bill and responsible for equipment.  I asked to speak some in authority to escalate the issue. Here, I spoke to a living genius from the "management". He absolutely denied that this was a fraud account and I opened it.  Apparently account is being paid.  Apparently, he has never heard of identity theft.  If my name is on the account, I didn't open it, it's fraud.  So if someone is paying for internet and running a crime ring on the internet, as long as they are paying bills, Rogers doesn't care. Although I have little hope but I hoping someone from right department can get in touch.  

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Fraud Internet Account

RogersCorey

Greetings @khalidshah!

This concern should have absolutely been escalated to our fraud department. We take fraud very seriously.

I invite you to PM us directly so that we can check your account and ensure this has been properly escalated. If it has not, we can escalate a case right away.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

khalidshah
I've been here awhile

Hi,

What information can I provide you proceed further?

RogersJermaine

Hi @khalidshah,

We thank you for reaching out to us in the PMs and we are hopeful we can work towards getting you a resolution.

Thank you for your participation in the Community!

RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation