cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Montreal fraud

Aciconi
I've been around

First post here: i just got a call from a 514 number, saying it’s rogers and they asked if I am satisfied with my phone bill (very weird question). I got skeptical right away and he said there is a promotion of 40% off for 2 years and then bill goes back to what it is now, plan remains the same for the whole 2 years. I asked if it was for the whole family plan, and he asked ME how many lines I have (a rogers service person would know) and he said it would apply to all. Then I asked where I can check this promotion (online, email) and he said it was for loyal customers only and it was done by phone. So I started laughing and he said “can you tell me your phone bill number” and I laugh even more and say no, so obviously I already knew it was a scam so I started annoying him on purpose by asking him questions such as to send me the promotion by email and repeating the same question a few times until he said “in 20min you will get an email, you can call us back and ask to talk to me and I will explain to you” and i said “explain what” until he got impatient and hung up the phone…… BE ALERT PEOPLE!!!!

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Montreal fraud

RogersYasmine

Good day @Aciconi ,

Welcome!! Thank you so much for sharing your recent phone experience with the rest of the community and keeping everyone aware of the types of scams that are out there. I agree that it's super important to ask questions and NEVER provide any personal details to any unknown sources until you can confirm they are legit. 

For those who would like to learn more about how to identify and protect yourself against possible scams, please check out the following articles:

How to Avoid Caller ID Spoofing and Spam Calls

Protecting Yourself Against Fraud

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Re: Montreal fraud

CNWatson
I've been around

I've gotten the same call twice now. It seems to be going around.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation