cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Realy Rogers number or a fake one

gvo
I plan to stick around

Hello,

I just received a text message from a phone number 647-424-XXXX, the text message from a so called rogers agent name Jayyah want to follow up upgrade option,  i have never started such conversation with rogers and i do not want any changes on my current account , so this message looks fishy, however i called back , some one picked up the phone and claim they are rogers , usually when you call back , you will reach a real existed number if it is phone number spoofing but clearly this is not the case,  that makes it is even more weird.

so i am here to seeking answer , is this phone number 647-424-XXXX is a real rogers number or not? thanks 

*** Edited Labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is this Realy Rogers number or a fake one

RogersYasmine

Hello @gvo,

Thanks so much for visiting us here in the Rogers Community Forums and for sharing your concerns! We can definitely help you get to the bottom of this! 🙂

Normally, if a legitimate sales agent reaches out to one of our customers to offer them a special deal, they would already have your account information in front of them and wouldn't need you to verify any personal info. If they do, I would recommend ending the interaction and calling Rogers directly at 1-888-764-3771 during our regular hours of operation to validate the call. For your safety and security, please refrain from providing any personal details via telephone, email or text message if you are feeling uncertain and never click on any questionable links.

If you'd like to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps, we'd be happy to review your account to see if we can determine the validity of the text message you received. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Feel free to check out our safety guidelines and learn how to report possible scams by clicking here

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

nilbara
I've been around

The scammer riched me by this number 1-888-764-3771 shos Rogers company. I belived him and he offer me  32 dolors montely for wireless phone and i accepted, He asked me account number and date of birth and address to send me the plan change information. and also he gave me this number 647-****539 for further calls Surprisingly,  I have got 2 emails From:orderconfirmation@rogers.com that I have ordered an Iphone 15!!! and $78.99 for montely fee for new plan!!!

This is unbelivable all emails came from the rreal Rogers!! even when I call Rogers she said you ordered this phone!!! We never talked about a phone ..After it I had a lot of calls from  this number 647-****539  but I did not answer  them.

It was hard to explan and persude the Real Rogers that it was scam and I did not order it . at the end she said she put a note for cancelation but it takes time and today I received another email than the apple Iphone 15  is delivered..😥😴   When I googled, I fund out that  lots of similar scam happened from this number 1-888-764-3771  before how Rogers allows this happen???why they couldn't cancell it righ away and now I need to recieve tthe phone I never ordered and the rogers would guide me how to return.

@nilbara please read the following post:

Solved: Re: Someone ordered Iphone 14 pro max identifying ... - Rogers Community

I understand that you already contacted Rogers regarding the Iphone 15.  Be on the lookout for phone calls from the scammer stating that the Iphone order was a mistake and that you're to return the Iphone to an address that he will provide.  That is typically the scammers pickup address, not a real Rogers return address.  

You're in a difficult position given that the scammers spoofed a real Rogers phone number, so you won't know who to trust unless you call a verified Rogers number.  At the present time I personally wouldn't trust a call coming in with a Rogers phone number and ID that shows Rogers.   So, make sure that you're the one to call a verified Rogers phone numbers and disregard any incoming Rogers calls.  

I would suggest that for the immediate future, that you limit your contact with Rogers to the moderators, who you can reach thru this forum.  They should be able to provide you with the correct instructions to return the Iphone to Rogers so that it is removed from your account and connect you to the Fraud Dept.  

As indicated in the above post that I linked to, @CommunityHelps is the group address for the moderators here on the Rogers Forum. When you're logged into the forum, follow this link to the @CommunityHelps. On that page will be a link on the right hand side to Send a Message. Follow that link to the message composition page. The address will fill in automatically. Fill in the subject and details, including your account number and when the message is complete, hit Send Message at the bottom.

When you're logged into the forum, look for a number overlaying the envelope symbol at the upper right hand corner. That will indicate that there's an inbound message for you. Follow that envelope symbol as it serves as a link to the message inbox and outbox. From the response in the inbox you can then message back and forth as required. There will be an authentication procedure that you will have to complete in order to service any change requests for your account.

To send anyone else on the forum a message, including @CommunityHelps , hover your mouse over their user name and a popup will appear with a link to send a Private Message. Follow that Private Message link to the message composition page and as before the message addressee will fill in automatically. Fill in the subject and details and hit Send Message when you're ready to send the message.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation