Daily SPAM calls ... what can I do beside blocking each number one by one

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Daily SPAM calls ... what can I do beside blocking each number one by one

Thanks for advice but in my case is a personal/business cell phone. I still suggest to Rogers to tackle this issue. I understand that those numbers probably change every day ( or moment ) and probably are VoIP but when customers got for example calls from Tonga + 6768755340 and Canada 6768755340 (same number whiteout +) should be a filter that raises flags. I also think that those numbers are used for calling hundreds/thousands of customers probably and, as a network, providers should be able to blacklist and fight those malicious numbers.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

When is Rogers going to implement this in Canada

FCC requires anti-robocall tech be used by June 2021

STIR/SHAKEN is finally being made a requirement

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/31/21201140/fcc-stir-shaken-approved-june-2021-deadline-robocalls

The Do Not Call List is a waste of time and money

I would Like to block all US/International and any call that does not show their real phone number

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not sure why you're linking the FCC. We have a thread on this topic in the following link.  The "deadline" was September 30, 2020, but providers may have an extension since it didn't appear to be a "hard" deadline, more of a suggestion... 😉

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/CRTC-steps-up-efforts-to-comba...

Unfortunately, blocking calls from your phone is useless because scammers/telemarketers are always changing the spoofed numbers.  This is really something that the providers must do. Some providers already have algorithms in place that block many scammers by monitoring the number of calls from a number, etc.  See post 4 of the above link.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks 57, it does seem there is at least some hope in the pipe.