Customer reward program - Spam, Phishing, Smishing, Scam Awareness

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Customer reward program - Spam, Phishing, Smishing, Scam Awareness

These pop ups have been relentless over the last four hours. To the point where I can’t use my browsers - safari, google or google chrome. My ad pop ups have been enabled. And, it’s happening on both iphones. I made the mistake of filling out the survey but got suspicious at the end and went no further. I have reported the pop up to 7726. I’m worried that I won’t be able to use the internet on my phones! Any advice?? What would a reset do?

Highlighted

Hi @Bunnydunc2019,

Welcome to the Community!

I know how annoying these pop ups can be! I'm glad you stopped filling out the information on the survey, please always be mindful of sharing personal or financial information with unknown links. 

For Safari, can you please go into Settings >> Safari and make sure both Block Pop-ups and Fraudulent Website Warning are enabled?

Additionally, please go to Settings >> Safari >> Clear History and Website Data to delete browsing history, websites data, and cookies. You can also choose to delete individual website data by going into Settings >> Safari >> Advanced >> Website Data. 

For Google Chrome, you can delete the browsing history and block pop-ups within the browser's Settings >> Content Settings.

You can also follow these steps to try and stop the pop-ups: Settings >> Privacy >> Advertising >> Reset Advertising Identifier.

Please remember to reboot your device if you try any of the steps mentioned above. It may also be ideal to stop visiting the website that may have started the pop-ups in the first place.

Please let us know if you have any follow up questions.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you!
Highlighted

Thank you @RogersZia for amazing tips!

Community - the below pop up appeared on an iPad when visiting a less secured website. #RaisingAwarness.

Cheers,

RogersMoin