Customer reward program - Spam, Phishing, Smishing, Scam Awareness

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer reward program - Spam, Phishing, Smishing, Scam Awareness

Hello, Community!

Beware of the new scam floating about a customer reward program. You may see this as a popup or in an email or a link in the text message.

Smishing.jpg

Smishing2.jpg

Please check our blog to learn more on how to keep safe from such fraud. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Re: Customer reward program - Spam, Phishing, Smishing, Scam Awareness

Boy are they creative when it comes to running scams! As always, please make sure you do not enter personal/banking info or click on links sent from an unknown number or email address.  For spam text messages, you can forward the content of the SMS to 7726 (SPAM), to register it for investigation and blocking from the Rogers  network. The messages sent to 7726 are analysed in batches as they are received. 

RogersZia

I've Been Around

I got a scam on my phone that looked very real and I entered my personal info what can I do ? 

I've Been Around

I received this today, I gave them my credit card information to order a Samsung smartphone, but I received an email from the 'ffeedg.com 866-992-5766', tells me that I purchased a membership to coffeedatingclub.com. I didn't know  before and don't like this, now I don't know how to deal with this things, anyone can help me ?

Hello @redman51 and @ballerjames,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how concerning it is to have your personal information shared with unknown companies.

@redman51, depending on the information you've shared (phone number, banking info etc.) I'd recommend you to either contact your financial provider ASAP or also keep an eye on your banking transactions. You can never be too careful when it comes to financial information. 

@ballerjames, please reach out to your financial institution right away and report this at the earliest. They may be able to intervene.

In addition, I would recommend you guys to report your incident to The Canadian Anti- Fraud Centre. You can find all the relevant information here

As always please be diligent about sharing your personal or financial information online. No matter how "legitimate" it may seem. 

RogersZia

I've Been Around

Is there a way to prevent the pop ups all together? I figured they were a scam but they're still very annoying and I always lose whatever page I'm on when they show up. It would be great if I could prevent them all together

Hello @drego,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how annoying pop-ups can be especially if you accidentally click on something and get redirected to potentially malicious websites.

Depending on the Internet browser that you are using, there are a variety of Addons or Extensions that can block pop-ups for you. I use Google Chrome as my primary browser and AdBlock is a great Extension that prevents all sorts of annoying pop-ups and ads.

I am confident there are many users in the Community that employ a variety of pop-up blockers for different browsers. Please feel free to chime in with some of your faves!

RogersTony

I've Been Around

So i wasent really paying attention and this pop up popped up sating i was being offered an samsung s10. I anseered the couple of questions then clicked the gift boxes and was told i had a phone reserved for me, it said verifying address and asked me to proceed, but i stopped and didnt go any further, am i in danger that they may have infiltrated my phone and gotten banking into? Thanks offered

Hello @Madthumper,

I know how enticing certain offers can seem when they pop up online unexpectedly! From my own personal experience, if they seem too good to be true, they probably are. 😕

It's always a good idea to research an offer or company before proceeding any further.

In your case, as long as you didn't provide any identifying information or credentials (address, credit card, banking info, etc.), then you should be okay.

As outlined in post #5 of this thread, it may be a good idea to report this incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, for your safety and for the safety of others around you.

I really hope this helps!

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

Ha!  Yes, I just received that popup.  Figured it was a scam and Google led me here.   A $1 iPad would have been sweet! Smiley Happy  Maybe a Nigerian Prince will send me some money. Smiley Wink