Pay as you go Call Forwarding?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Pay as you go Call Forwarding?

Hi @mic2074,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post.

It's always a good idea to clarify how charges work before any unexpected billing comes up. Have you had a chance to view the   How To article on What is Call Forwarding and how is it charged on Pay As You Go?

Call Forwarding is available with no monthly fee on Pay As You Go phones. Airtime charges apply to calls forwarded from your phone to another phone number. Long distance charges apply if forwarding calls to a long distance number.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So airtime charges apply regardless of what time the call is received ?  Since my pay as you go has unlimited free minutes during weeknights and weekends - does airtime charges apply during these periods, if I call forward to another phone, or is it still free ?  Thanks.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

my understanding is  that "airtime charges " are whatever applies to that phone at a given time .  So if it is free "airtime" time in that phones plan  it should be free ...  otherwise the price should be stated  at the specific rate ...like  "regular anytime" rates .   Perhaps  there is a definition  of airtime charges somewhere?

My question would be, if you are forwarding a call  to another cell phone  would regular "airtime" rates apply  and would you end up paying for the call on both phones  if they  were both outside of free  "airtime" ?

Highlighted

Hi @mic2074,

As long as you call forward to a local number there is no additional charge during your unlimited airtime window. If you call forward to a long distance number in the same window, additional charges apply.

@barndoor,

To answer your question, airtime charges would apply to phone A (assuming it's a Rogers PayGo device) however any applicable charges for the second phone would depend on the plan and service provider.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thank you  for the clarification . Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Around

So if i call forward to another phone, i still use my minutes from the original account?

Highlighted

Hello @steve1313

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂 

That is correct call forwarding would still use minutes from your original account as it would still be going through your phone plan before forwarding to the second line.

If your plan has unlimited evenings and weekends during those periods you would not have to worry about using up the minutes when call forwarding.

Regards,

RogersTony