cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible phone service has gotten worse since the outage

ChelseaC
I've been around

We have had periodic outages with our phones since switching to rogers in February. It has gotten more and more frequent, especially since the outage. We must restart our phone every 30 minutes or more to get service. I wanted to out of the contract but they want $1064 to leave early.

Customer service was terrible and rude. I got called a liar for saying I use my phone for business purposes because I don’t have a business account. I own and mange rental properties and tenants, lawyers, realtors ect. have been unable to reach me. I am so frustrated I could cry. Should have stayed with Virgin!

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Terrible phone service has gotten worse since the outage

RogersJermaine

Hi @ChelseaC,

Thank you for your post! We do understand your frustration as having an active cellular connection with no interruptions is very important. We do want to look into this further for you if you can please provide some more details.

You mentioned that this is happening on more than one device? What error message are you seeing on the devices? 
Is the issue occurring mostly while inside the home, outside or both?

Looking forward to your reply!

Regards
RogersJermaine

Sean_1
I've been here awhile

Is anyone still have phone issues? After the outage my phone seems to drop calls more frequently. It also has a hard time with Connecting with Internet and WIFI options. 

Hi @Sean_1!

If you're having trouble connecting on both data and WiFi, there may be a software or hardware issue with your phone.

What kind of phone and OS are you running? Once we know this, I can provide some additional troubleshooting tips.

Regards,

RogersCorey

My cellular LTE coverage has been worse since the outage, I drop calls regularly now and have areas with 0 network coverage which worked prior to the network outage. 1 bar for LTE is common now, not enough to keep a call going, make a call or receive a call 😞

Sean_1
I've been here awhile

I run an older model phone (sm-g960w) that does regular updates (has lasted longer than any other phone ). Before you suggest an upgrade please keep in mind i have had no prior issues with this device. When the outage was fixed, I was and am still  having extreme issues connected to my home and work wi-fi, my calls drop frequently and I often have to restart my phone in order to gain a signal.  

Hello, @jeffandlynnette & @Sean_1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We know how important it is to stay connected on your wireless devices so we definitely want to help you get this looked into.

You can check the wireless network status in your area and report any issues you are experiencing by visiting rogers.com/outage.

Please let us know your findings and if issues are persistent.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation