Slow 5G speed in Manitoba

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoggerjeff1
I've Been Here Awhile

Slow 5G speed in Manitoba

So I finally got out of the house and away from WiFi with my Note 20 Ultra and saw 5G in the notification bar. I thought, wow, let's check it out. Let's just say I was a little more than disappointed. I got pretty much the same results in both Brandon and Winnipeg. I sure hope this isn't Rogers' idea of 5G...

If you can't see the inserted screenshot, it shows a speed test on fast.com with 4/5 bar signal on 5G with a download throughput of a whopping 1.2Mbps...

Screenshot_20210615-162356_FAST.jpg

***Edited Labels***

RogersCorey

Re: Slow 5G speed in Manitoba

Greetings @hoggerjeff1!

Those are definitely not ideal speeds but I can troubleshoot and we can figure out what's going on here.

Can you please confirm for me if this device was purchased directly from us or via a third party source?

Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

hoggerjeff1
I've Been Here Awhile

My Note20 Ultra was purchased directly from Samsung Canada.

My wife has a brand new Pixel 5 bought through Roger's and in the same location, hers shows LTE+ with the same 1.2Mbps as I show for 5G. Is a new SIM needed for each of us to get true 5G? We both just transferred our existing ones into the new phones.
RogersCorey

I'd like to take a look at your account @hoggerjeff1 to troubleshoot and make sure everything is order.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey