cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSN App

hjarlette
I've been here awhile
Trying to access TSN 5 on the TSN app but won't allow me to wondering how to fix this.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: TSN App

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @hjarlette!

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're unable to view TSN5 on the TSN App! I'd be happy to lend a helping hand. Would you mind confirming the following details we can help get to the bottom of what's occurring?

1. Are you able watch TSN5 on your TV/IgniteTV?
  2. Are you able access it via Rogers AnyPlaceTV (Or Ignite TV app, if you have the IgniteTV service)?
  3. Is this just impacting the TSN app specifically?
  4. Have you tested on any other device?
  5. Can you provide a screenshot of the error you're receiving?

Thanks so much!

@RogersAndy

hjarlette
I've been here awhile
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Sports Centre App as well.
4. Just tried same issue.
5. Says "Playback Error Access Denied. Unauthorized user" (can't see a way to paste or attach from my phone)

Hello, @hjarlette

Thanks for providing us with that additional info!

It seems like your online subscriptions are not registered properly does this happen on apps for other TV Networks also, such as Global TV or CTV apps?

When trying to sign in to the app are you re-directed to the provider login where you can enter your MyRogers login credentials? Is it at this point that you get the "Playback Error Access Denied Unauthorized User" message?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

hjarlette
I've been here awhile
I log in to the Roger sign in and I still get the play back error. Yes it's the same on all apps.

@hjarlette, thank you for the information. We can definitely look into this for you and get this issue resolved. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to assist you. For more information on our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

RogersZia

jelau
I plan to stick around

I'm trying to watch the hockey game with my sons on my iPad and the TSN app.  As soon as I choose Rogers it sends me into a CAPTCHA loop and I can't log in.  If I choose Bell or Telus as the provider, it allows input of user name and password.

I tried calling Rogers and they blamed TSN and gave me their number.  That number just said thanks for calling and hung up.

Very frustrating and disappointing.

jelau
I plan to stick around

I just updated the TSN app on my iPad.  It loops endlessly on captcha when I try to log in to watch the hockey game.  If I pick Bell or Telus it allows me to enter username and password.  I can log in to the app on my phone however.  TSN says it’s Rogers.  Rogers says it’s TSN.  Meanwhile the kids and I can’t watch the games.

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @jelau!

Sorry to hear you're having a log in issue with TSN on your iPad! I can appreciate the confusion given the circumstances. If the captcha itself is cycling this would lean toward being an app cache issue. If you've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app then the issue may come down to the device itself, given that you know it's working on other devices.

Are you able to log in with the IgniteTV app or AnyPlaceTV (service dependent)? 

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

jelau
I plan to stick around

Andy, I installed the Anyplace app and tried logging in.  It went through a round of captcha and let me input my username and password and logged me in.  I guess it ID’d my device because when I went back to the TSN app, it allowed me to log in without any captcha.  I had spent last night trying and earlier today with it

There are better solutions that captcha out there.....

thanks.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation