cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Home Monitoring App Login Issues

Nicolai
I've been around

Since I got this, it always logs me out. I have to login again and again. I closed and even uninstalled the apps. It worked for a while then need to login again. And sometimes even if I correctly entered my info, it won't login. I have to reenter lots of times. There were few times that I successfully login for a second then logs out.
This so bad! Right now, I'm always hime. What if I'm outside and can't access this?! This app is not uselful, nor smart!

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Smart Home Monitoring App Login Issues

RogersZia

Hi @Nicolai,

Welcome to the Community!

I can imagine how inconvenient login issues can be. Thank you for clarifying the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Can you please confirm the following:

1) What device are you using?

2) Are you on the most updated version of the app?

3) Have you tried to clear the app cache?

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

I have been having the same issue lately as well, not sure why you need to continuously have to login. I just left another provider for 6 years and only logged in once and there was no delay when loading the app to arm or disarm

Hello again, @Speg80

I can see how having to log in to the app each time could become an annoyance. It is an important feature to ensure that no one can access your app without your authorization.

If you preferred to bypass this feature you have multiple Sign-in Settings that you can choose from to speed up the login process. After signing into your app click on the More tab at the bottom right section of the app. Then select Application scroll down to Sign in Settings. From here you can choose to Keep me signed in, Use fingerprint ID (if your device has biometric authentication), or a PIN sign in. Each of these options will help make the sign-in process faster.

I hope this helps make things convenient for you. 🙂

RogersTony

I cannot even login anymore, when I hit the sign in button it does nothing!!!
Galaxy S9 Plus running Android 10

I cleared the cache and re installed the app. What use is this if I cannot arm/disarm my alarm remotely

Junk App

RJC-68
I'm here a lot

Cannot log into Smart Home Monitoring Android App !! For months now I like many others have had to sign back in every time I launched the app but now all of a sudden I cannot even sign in, I press the "Sign In" button and nothing happens. 

I reset the app cache &  data, deleted and re installed and even booted into recovery and wiped the cache. Nothing works.

Device is a completely stock Galaxy S9 Plus running Android 10, One UI 2.5. 

I am so fed up with this garbage app, Rogers when are you going to actually do something about this?? I seriously think it is time to look at a different option, what use is having a monitored alarm system if I cannot log into the . thing when I am away from home

RJC-68
I'm here a lot

I just called the support number and they told me I needed to un link my rogers account then re link it. Made no difference whatsoever !

Now I have to wait for someone to call me back. 

Hello, @RJC-68.

Thank you for posting your SHM app login concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

I appreciate clearing the app cache/data and reinstalling it. When you tap on "Sign In", the app is looking to complete the authentication in a browser. Which browser(s) do you have on your S9 plus device?

Check the app defaults and clear them. If you don't have Chrome, try installing it and then Sign In again.

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

That did the trick Thank you !!!!!
Chrome was disabled on my phone as I do not use it. Is there anyway of making this work with Samsung Internet instead?

Hello, @RJC-68.

Thank you for trying the suggested step and reporting back; I’m glad you can sign in now. The sign-in process optimized with Chrome, and it seems the other browsers error out. I too only use the Samsung Internet browser, however, I use Chrome in situations like this.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Yeung1
I've been around
It's a piece of junk. Haven't been able to log in for a few months. Technician couldn't help. Rogers should refund me.

Hello, @Yeung1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We know how important it is to have consistent access to the Smart Home Monitoring app.

• Can you describe what is happening when you try to sign in?
  • Do you get an error message of any kind?
  • Did you report this to a field technician or did you reach out to our technical support team?

A ticket may be required to get this resolved based on the answers to the questions above. 

We look forward to helping you with this.

RogersTony

Hi there is there a problem with the smart home app, unable to log in

Rocky21
I've been around

The site that allows to Login to SMART HOME APP " esfapi.rogers.com "is down or certificate issued has expired. Something has crashed with the Auth Sequence. Its been down for more than 4 hrs. 

Hey @Zeddy1  and @Rocky21,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We appreciate your patience and understand how important it is to have consistent access to the Smart Home Monitoring app.

Can you describe what is happening when you try to sign in?
Are you getting an error message of any kind?
Have you tried uninstalling the app and then re installing it back?

If you can let us know a bit more details we would be glad to look into this further for you.

Cheers
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 10 in conversation