cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROGERS APP

MARK0777
I've been here awhile
Hello ))))
So I'm an existing Fido internet customer and now waiting to receive my rogers wifi modem. I just recently downloaded the Rogers (MyRogers) app and I can already see I don't like it very much mainly because when I log in it takes me outside the app to a Rogers website link ...also when chatting with customer service (live rep.) ...it takes me outside the app and it is very glitchy. WHY Rogers? WHY? All of the app functions should be only in the app and not outside the app. I really wish you would modify and update this app.
Thank You ))
2 REPLIES 2

Re: ROGERS APP

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MARK0777 : A few comments.

1. There are several apps.  MyRogers, Home Connect, IgniteTV.

2. MyRogers is used for accessing your account details. It should only need to go "outside" the app for initial (or occasional) (re-) authorization.

3. Home Connect is for troubleshooting and setting up the Gateway (modem).

4. IgniteTV is for streaming TV on a compatible device like a phone or tablet.

None of these will work properly until you are transitioned completely to Rogers and have your gateway/modem installed.  After that (give it a day or two after the completed transition) the glitches should be gone, although some people report occasional glitching.  Do you also have Rogers IgniteTV?

Re: ROGERS APP

MARK0777
I've been here awhile
I don't have the Rogers Ignite Tv receiver... I have a different TV receiver but that should not effect the performance of the app. I'm currently using Fido home internet... I didn't know about this 'transition' when using Rogers internet and the app. I didn't think it was this complicated to keep all functions in the app. Like I mentioned before ...I was chatting online with rogers customer service with the rogers App and it opens my web browser to chat with a live rep. and it's glitchy and annoying ...but whatever . Simplicity seems like not a thing with Rogers (
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation