cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sportsnet app for Firestick not working

Reade
I'm here a lot

Hey everyone. What is going on with the Rogers Sportsnet new app? Ever since they changed the design, I am buffering constantly, and being kicked off the channel I am watching. Many errors in this new app. Rogers IT, please get this sorted!

*Added Labels*

11 REPLIES 11

Re: New Sportsnet app for Firestick not working

RogersMoin

Hello, @Reade.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for sharing your new Sportsnet app experience on your Fire TV Stick. Buffering or getting kicked off the channel can hamper the viewing pleasure. 

Have you tried the new app on other devices? 

Please provide us with details about your Fire TV Stick version and all the error messages you're encountering in the app. 

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

It’s a Firestick lite, purchased about 8 months ago brand new. When watching a Sportsnet channel, the program bumps me off the channel and back to the main menu. It also buffers every min or so. Some days are worse than others.
I don’t have any problems with other apps like Netflix/Prime when watching through my Firestick. The problem started once Sportsnet created a new app, about 2 months ago?

Thanks for providing additional details @Reade!

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Not sure how to add a conversation, but I’m sure I’m not the only one getting awful streaming and “error - limit reached” kick outs off of channels since the new app came into Amazon’s streaming platform. My friends seem to have awful streaming as well from this new app.

In order to take action on issues like this, we need to submit ticket escalations to trigger an investigation.

Please help us, help you by PMing us when you have the time so that we can take further action on your behalf.

Regards,

RogersCorey

You’re far from the only one. New Sportsnet service is awful.

Reade
I'm here a lot
Why haven’t they done anything about it? What takes so long? Geesh!

mh21
I've been here awhile

Can anyone suggest what to do when the live channels (i.e., games) are still "unsubscribed" even after I log in using my rogers account? I just bought Fire TV, so I am new to this, and specifically bought it thinking I can watch live sports. 

Reade
I'm here a lot
Should work when you login on your Firestick device on Sportsnet. Scroll down to see live channels.
Don’t be upset to have buffering issues. They still haven’t figured that one out completely yet, and it’s been about 3 months.

mh21
I've been here awhile

Thank you for the heads up. But the live channels come up as "not subscribed"/have the lock symbol. I am trying to contact Rogers, as I have the sportsnet channels through TV but can't seem to get live tv.

Good Evening @mh21,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! We appreciate your post! 

I understand the importance of being able to watch the sports games live especially when you are subscribed to them. 

Are you able to view any of the Live Channels in the app or are you seeing the lock symbol on all of the Live channels? 
Do you get any errors while watching any of the channels on your TV? 

Please let us know some of these details so that we can assist you further.

I look forward to your reply! 

Cheers,
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation