cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite tv app - Playback issue: 2111

Debhanley2
I've been here awhile

Please advise how to fix .. started Friday Feb 26 ... when selecting a show to watch (Jeopardy) the screen says: "We're sorry, but were unable to play this video right now. Please try a different channel or program." .... but NOTHING works at all ... I can't watch any channels or programs

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite tv app - Playback issue: 2111

Debhanley2
I've been here awhile
Shut down your device and restart it ... this solved my problem of the same 'playback issue 2111' !

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

RogersYasmine

Hello @Debhanley2,

A warm welcome to the community and great first post! 🙂👍

We appreciate you sharing your issue with the rest of the community in case anyone else is having a similar concern. We definitely want to help you get down to the bottom of this! To begin, can you please clarify a few things for us?

- Is this issue only happening when using the app? Can you please try logging in via the Ignite TV web portal and let us know if the same issue occurs there as well? (Supported web browsers include: Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge).

- If possible, do you have any other devices that you may test the app out on to see if you can duplicate the issue?

- If the issue is only happening on your tablet and via the app, please try uninstalling/reinstalling the Ignite TV app to see if this helps.

Note: When using the app, please be sure you are using an OS of Android 5.0 or later. Please also check for any recent device updates.

Thanks for your help in troubleshooting the issue and we look forward to your reply!

RogersLaura

tpapatsie
I've been here awhile

I cannot play live streaming on Rogers Ignite TV. it keeps indicating "Playback issue 2111" and at the bottom of the screen, it says "error 7". Why is this happening?

Debhanley2
I've been here awhile
Shut down your device and restart it ... this solved my problem of the same 'playback issue 2111' !

gruvy
I've been here awhile

Getting the same error on my Chromebook Playback issue :: 2111.  Multiple reboots hasn't helped, missed the hockey game because of it last night.

user54
I've been here awhile

Same (Chromebook, playback issue 2111, error 7). I've tried restarting the app, and my chromebook, and even uninstalling and re-installing the app. Nothing works. 

Hello, @gruvy & @user54

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to you both!

I can imagine how disappointing it is to be unable to playback your Ignite TV content on your Chromebook.

• Has this ever worked on your Chromebook?
  • Have you tried using both the app and web browser versions of Ignite TV?

I have reviewed the Ignite TV eligibility requirements. It doesn't look like ChromeOS is a supported OS. Please see a complete list of eligibility requirements located here.

RogersTony

gruvy
I've been here awhile

Yes, that app had worked till last week on my Pixelbook.  There were recent OS updates so the app likely needs to be updated for compatibility.  I didn't know there was a website that it could be watched from.  I was able to connect and stream through my browser so I'm good now.   

user54
I've been here awhile

The app worked on my Chromebook until last Thursday when it all of a sudden gave me the 2111 error 7 message. Not sure if this is related to a ChromeOS update, or something changed on Rogers end.

I tried accessing the ignitetv.rogers.com site from Chrome, Firefox, and Opera, over the past few days (including earlier today) and the only option when I went to the site was to open the app. I uninstalled the app and can now watch live tv through Chrome.

please let me know how to fix it 

Hello @emiwolf,

Thanks so much for joining us here in the community and so sorry to hear you've been having some playback issues with your Ignite TV app. 😞

Which device are you using, please? Rebooting the device seems to have worked for some. You can also try clearing your app cache or possibly reinstalling the app from scratch. If this doesn't help, can you kindly try another device to see if the same issue is happening? Are you able to login via the website and play the content there? 

Please let us know how it goes and if the problem persists!

RogersLaura

solaristar2000
I've been around

When we migrated to Ignite TV in September 2021, we successfully installed and launched the Rogers Ignite TV app on four personal devices (1-laptop, 1- PC, 2-Samsung Android phones).

Since Dec 2021 - Jan 2022, we have encountered the following playback error when attempting to load Rogers Ignite Live TV channels on my primary smartphone device (Samsung Galaxy A02).

Playback Issue :: 1001

We're sorry, but we're unable to play this
video right now. Please try a different
channel or program.

To address and troubleshoot the issue we have undertaken the following measures multiple times:

cleared application data and cache

moved app between internal storage and SD card

uninstalled/rebooted/re-inestalled a clean version of the app from Google Play store

engaged Rogers support (C173999786, C173945121, C173898363, C173945121, C173632543, C173605730)

verified that software version, android version, kernel version, build number were current

Upon our last ticket opened with Rogers wireless support, we were advised to:

verify that that firewall port access was not blocking this service and ensure that all app folders are deleted as part of the uninstall process

1.0  Firewall settings

Is that not governed by Rogers WiFi hub configuration?  I assume it wouldn't be managed by AntiVirus settings (Windows Defender or TotalAV).

2.0  Uninstalling application and associated folder

Beyond uninstalling the app and being prompted to delete the associated apk files, I don't see anywhere else that the Rogers Ignite TV app folders or files exist to be manually removed or cleaned up on either the phone or SD card unless such folders are hidden, protected or requiring higher level adminstrative access.

As far as I can validate, nothing has changed on my device or its network environment and there are no additional firewall software or options present on the affected device that are not currently present or enabled on all of my personal devices.  I just seem to be going around in circles trying to restore what was a rather convenient app to use.  Am I the only one encountering this playback issue?

Hello, @solaristar2000.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to our Community!

The Live TV channels not working on one of your devices can be disruptive. I appreciate you posting all the troubleshooting details done so far.

Let's try figuring out the root cause of the issue; would you mind answering the following:

• Did the Live TV channels work on your device, A02 between September and December?
  • Do you recall the device receiving OS/Security update in December when the problem started?
  • What are the device's storage/memory specs? Like 32GB storage and 2GB RAM, etc.
  • When you get the playback error, can you go to Settings/Device care and check how much storage and memory are available?

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 in conversation