cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV app working on Mobile not WiFi

shaunb416
I've been here awhile

This app does not work when connected to my home wifi. When I connect to my mobile data it seems to work fine but why would I want to download/watch shows when only on my mobile data. On my laptop when I connect via the Rogers Ignite weblink it works! All the problems seem to be through the mobile app both android/apple. Other people that reviewed seem to have the same problem.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV app working on Mobile not WiFi

shaunb416
I've been here awhile
I was connected to my own router and it didn't work however now I switch back and forth between my router and the Rogers router wifi and it works now!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @shaunb416!

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the Ignite TV app on WiFi! I appreciate your providing the details regarding it that you have. We'll do what we can to get to the bottom of this. Can you confirm for me which device(s) and their OS versions are experiencing the issue? Can you also confirm for us what error message you're receiving when you try to log in on WiFi? Perhaps a screenshot of it?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

shaunb416
I've been here awhile

Hello

Here is a link to screenshots. (link removed for privacy)

Thanks

Shaun

Thanks, @shaunb416!

Now that we have you in private, we'll continue our troubleshooting and escalation process there. 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

shaunb416
I've been here awhile
I was connected to my own router and it didn't work however now I switch back and forth between my router and the Rogers router wifi and it works now!

edge905
I've been here awhile

I have the same problem. Works on mobile. Not on Wifi.

Your response and possible fix does not show in this thread.

Can you please let me know the fix?

Thank you.

shaunb416
I've been here awhile
You have to connect to the Rogers wifi to use the ignite app on your cell.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@edge905  Welcome to the Rogers Community!

The Ignite TV app works fine for me on my iPhone over Wi-Fi.  In fact, I usually disable cellular data in the app's settings.

What kind of mobile device are you using?  iOS or Android?

edge905
I've been here awhile

i think that's the issue. i'm currently connected through my router.

thanks.

AnneSimcoe
I plan to stick around

I have the same issue.  I am using a Pixel 2 XL with Android version 10, security update May 5, 2020.  The phone is connected to my Rogers Ignite modem.  Even though I am connected, I get a this error message when I try to use the Ignite TV App:  "Network Error:  Please check that your router or access point is connected to the internet and try again."  I have tried all the suggestions in this forum, including uninstalling and re-installing the app and restarting my phone.  Please advise.

Hello, @AnneSimcoe.

Thank you for joining this conversation; not able to use the Ignite TV app is quite disappointing. I appreciate your posting the error message, and thanks for trying the suggested fixes. I hope you are staying well and safe!

Do you use the Rogers Ignite WiFi Hub app to manage your home network? If yes, can you check if the Protected Browsing feature turned On? If it is On, please toggle it Off and then try accessing the Ignite TV app. 

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

AnneSimcoe
I plan to stick around
Thank you very much. That worked!!!

Tbellissimo78
I've been around
Hello my ignite app on my iPhone is not working so I cannot view live tv from my phone

Hello, @Tbellissimo78

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thanks so much for posting your concern in the community. I know how important it is to have the Ignite TV app working to be able to view your TV service while on-the-go. 

• What do you notice is happening when you try to use the app? Do you get any error messages?
  • Are you able to login to the app or do you get an invalid username/password error?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps like uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
  • Are there any other devices affected other than the iPhone?
  • Are you able to login to www.ignitetv.rogers.com from a web browser?

Once we have a bit more information we'll be better equipped to assist you.

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

jeffhs
I've been around

I’m getting error messages tvapp-00481 or to app-00271 when trying to play a movie or show.

Hello @jeffhs and a very happy new year to you!

Thanks for posting your concern here in the forums! So sorry to hear about the trouble you've been experiencing with the app. I can't say that those particular error codes are familiar to me but perhaps you can answer a few questions for us so we can help get to the bottom of it! 🙂

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps like uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
  • Are you experiencing this same issue across multiple devices and/or on the website?

We look forward to your response!

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 11 in conversation