cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App - This Video Cannot Be Played... Error TVAPP-00206

Errol_C
I've been here awhile

I have suddenly started getting an error message, "This Video Cannot Be Played... Error TVAPP-00206", when using the Ignite TV app on my laptop with the Chrome browser (that's my default browser). I've had no issues with the app whatsoever until late this morning. No matter what TV program I try to select, I get the same message. However, when I switch to my Microsoft Edge/IE 10 browser, no problem at all.

I've cleared the cache on my Chrome browser and rebooted my laptop several times. Nothing seems to work. I even called tech support at Rogers, but the tech I spoke to didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about. 

*Added Labels*

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ignite TV App - This Video Cannot Be Played... Error TVAPP-00206

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This on live TV? or a recording?

Just tried at my work.
Live TV worked.  But wasnt able to get recordings to go.

Errol_C
I've been here awhile

I'm getting the "Error TVAPP-00206" message on live TV. It works fine in my Microsoft Edge/IE 10 browser and also on my Android phone.

RHstats
I plan to stick around

I was having a similar problem a while back but it was on the desktop site AND the mobile app. Only difference is that the message I was getting was, “it seems you don’t subscribe to IgniteTV.”

After a long go around with the CSRs it turns out that, counterintuitively, in order for the website and app to work you have to turn “location” off on your desktop pc and mobile devices

RHstats
I plan to stick around

@Errol_C, Another thing you might want to try that worked for me is, in Chrome, go to Settings/Advanced Settings/Privacy and Security/Clear Browsing Data and then clear only browsing history and Cookies and Other Site Data but not cached images and files. After this go to IgniteTV.Rogers.Com and this will take you to the sign-in page where you can re-enter your user name and password and that should allow you to view your live TV and or recorded shows.

It seems that the Rogers sign-in page sometimes can't determine your sign-in credentials and won't let you view live TV of recorded programmes.

Errol_C
I've been here awhile

I did all of the above yesterday, and also rebooted my PC, but the problem still persisted. However, for some reason everything started working properly again just before 6:00 PM ET yesterday. It's still working now and I'm no wiser as to what caused the problem in the first place.

Errol_C
I've been here awhile

The same error message suddenly appeared again about 10 minutes ago while I was watching Sportsnet World, but it came back up again on its own.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation