cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App Playback Controls

amo3
I've been around

Why can Rogers Tech people add a PAUSE, PLAY, REWIND and FASTFORWARD button on the IOS app?

Bell has it. So why can Rogers add that feature to their Ignite TV app?

*Added Labels*

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ignite TV App Playback Controls

RogersJermaine

Hello @amo3,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post. 

We do appreciate the feedback on our app. While you are not able to fast forward or rewind any live content you can still pause and resume the program. On top of the pause and resume function, with any of your saved recordings or OnDemand content you have the ability to rewind in 15 second intervals or fast forward in 30 second intervals.

Thank you for your suggestion! 

Cheers
RogersJermaine 

Drury
I've been here awhile
I can rewind IF I am on the same channel. How do I watch a channel, pause, then return to it, unpause snd continue watching? I used to have this functionality on my old system.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Drury : I assume you're asking about using the IgniteTV box connected to the TV. Instead of hitting pause, hit the red record button.  The rest of that programme with then be recorded. You can then return to the programme at any time by looking at your list of recordings.  This is "better" than hitting pause because the pause option will only pause/record the programme for 25 minutes max, so if you're away longer than that, you'll lose the part after you paused that's more than 25 minutes "away".

If you're talking about watching via the App or website, again, go back to the guide from the programme and select "record" when on the programme in question.

Be aware that you may miss about 30 seconds from the time you hit the record button.

Drury
I've been here awhile
Thanks, I appreciate the advice but I wouldn’t say it is better in the sense that once you change the channel you then can’t really “rewind”…you then need to access your recordings and find where you left off. Please let me know if I am missing something. If not, I hope they add this function at some point. It is definitely inferior to the old Shaw system.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Drury wrote:
1. ..you then need to access your recordings and find where you left off.

2. If not, I hope they add this function at some point. It is definitely inferior to the old Shaw system.

1. The recording starts about 30 seconds after you hit the record button (and I assume you then either leave the room or watch something else).  When you go to the recording it should be right where you left (excepting the 30 seconds, which you can probably watch before you go away from that channel).  There should be no need to "find" anything.

2. I'm assuming that you previously had a PVR with a Hard Drive?  If so, the IgniteTV system does all the recording in the cloud and the "pause" means something different when doing that in the cloud.   I'm not sure if this is something they could easily programme into their server functionality.  Recording is already available.

Drury
I've been here awhile

Yeah, I see now that I can essentially use the recorded stream as a "channel" so that works reasonabkly well.  Thanks for your help. 

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation