bulk delete of older email and unread email

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

bulk delete of older email and unread email

I would like to delete say all email 5 years or older (goes back 10+ years) and say all unread email of 2 years or older.  Is there some simple way to do this ?   

*** Edited Labels *** 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: bulk delete of older email and unread email

I'm not sure if there is a way to do this, however, I have found that if you try to delete very many e-mails at the same time it can wreak havoc with the e-mail client or whatever you're using.

Instead of doing this, I recommend you go to the particular folder and start at the bottom. Click the oldest e-mail and "shift-click" an e-mail about 50-100 e-mails removed from that one to highlight say 100. Then click "delete". Wait until that function has been completed and do it again a few times.  Do not try to delete say 1000 e-mails at a time.    Come back sometime later and repeat the process.  I do this to remove e-mails from my "deleted" folder in Outlook, however, I once tried to delete a huge number and the Outlook database "blew up" and I needed to run a recovery  process, so I don't recommend bulk deletion that puts a strain on the system in question.  Hope that helps.