cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Mail app Setup

Buckoo
I'm here a lot

I got a new PC and can't figure out how to set up my own domain email with Windows 10 Mail.  My name (at) domain personal email is already set up as a send-only email through my rogers email account at yahoo mail and works fine for sending and receiving on my old PC but I can't find any instructions as to how to set up similar functionality under Windows 10.  Can someone please assist?  I've searched on the forums and everything seems very vague and a few years old.  Thank you!

Windows 10 Mail is otherwise working fine with my (at) rogers email.

*Added Labels*

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Windows 10 Mail app Setup

RogersMoin

Hello, @Buckoo.

Congratulations on your new PC! Hope you are liking Windows 10. Happy to assist in setting up your email accounts on Windows 10 Mail app. 

If I correctly understood, your @rogers.com email account is already setup on your new PC, and you are looking to set up your @personal.com email account. 

The confusion part in your post is 'send-only' email through Rogers email account. We need more clarification, please. 

Does your @personal.com email account support IMAP or POP3? And do you have the Incoming/Outgoing mail server address and port numbers?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Re: Windows 10 Mail app Setup

hello Buckoo.

If I understand Correctly, You are NOT trying to setup your Rogers Yahoo email account with windows 10 mail, but rather your own personal domain (whatever.com) name with Windows 10 mail correct?

if this is correct, then this is not a Rogers technical issue, it is rather an issue with your own mail server host.

Buckoo, like yourself I also own my own personal domain name, when I use it in Windows 7 and 10 machines, I am NOT using the mail server settings for Rogers (my current ISP) nor Bell Sympatico (my previous ISP) I use the server settings provided my by email and web hosting provider, which happens to be Google G-Suite. Yours might be a different company.

so please lettuce know which email you are trying to setup and which host or provider
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation