cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to contact about getting Rogers internet into small town

dabo
I've been here awhile

Our small town is in southern Ontario, but we only have DSL25 internet.  Bell has made it clear they have no plans within the next 2 years of upgrading our town, (even though the Federal government will pay for it through the Universal Broadband Fund).  One of the residents noticed Rogers has fibre cables in the town for government buildings.  Now some of the residents want to organize enough residents to commit to signing up for another provider, such as Rogers.  

But we need a contact at Rogers that would facilitate the process of supplying service to the town.  I tried the Rogers chat and they were unable to find a contact.  I thought I would try my luck here.

Anybody have suggestions for contacts to install new services in our town?

Thanks

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Who to contact about getting Rogers internet into small town

RogersCorey

Greetings @dabo!

We get requests such as these more often than you would think! 

My recommendation would be to organize first. This kind of project can take a long time to go from inception to shovels in the ground and comes at a significant cost, so I would make certain that you have enough interested townsfolk that would commit to signing up via petition.

Would you be in charge of organizing and be the primary contact for the town?

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can discuss further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersCorey

Greetings @dabo!

We get requests such as these more often than you would think! 

My recommendation would be to organize first. This kind of project can take a long time to go from inception to shovels in the ground and comes at a significant cost, so I would make certain that you have enough interested townsfolk that would commit to signing up via petition.

Would you be in charge of organizing and be the primary contact for the town?

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can discuss further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

dabo
I've been here awhile
Hi. I will PM you. Thanks
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation