cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a great service!! So much better than my old DSL

Daveman15
I've been around

I recently ditched my landline DSL internet for the Rogers 5G Home Internet and I could not be happier. My old phone line always had noise that caused errors and Bell was never able to consistently fix that even though they did run a new line to my house from the nearby pole. I had called Rogers a couple of years ago looking to see if internet options were available at my address but they were not at that time. Last month I got a message from a Rogers representative telling me that Rogers 5G Home Internet was now available to me. I jumped at the chance to try it for 30 days free and I was sent the hardware. It wasn't much more difficult to set up than a cell phone (which the router is, essentially). I found a good spot for the best signal from my nearby tower and I was ready to go. I hooked up my mesh wi-fi using the available LAN connection on the router (a Nokia Fast Mile 5G Gateway 3.2). So far, the service has been head and shoulders above the DSL I had before. The offer I received said I would get up to 100 Mb/s and Ookla showed I was getting, on average, 72 Mb/s. That is about 12 times more than I got with my DSL. The service has been stable with no disconnections or issues with the router. I would recommend this type of service for other rural users who are currently on phone-line-based DSL and have good cell phone coverage where the 5G Home Internet is available. Ask if the 30-day free trial is available and give it a go!

1 REPLY 1

Re: What a great service!! So much better than my old DSL

RogersCorey

Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback, @Daveman15! We're glad to have you here. 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation