cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with Nokia 5g router

KeeganTimber
I've been here awhile

Thank you to everyone that might be able to assist me.

New to Rogers, and also this forum.  I recently switched from Bell internet (due to poor internet from deteriorating phone lines) to Roger’s and their Nokia FastMile 5g router and internet service.

This new router created my issue, I did not have it with the Bell router.

I have a Ubiquiti outdoor AC mesh POE access point antenna connected to the LAN port on the Nokia router.

This outdoor antenna has the same WIFI name and password as the router.  I use this outdoor antenna to monitor and connect two outdoor cameras (wildlife) to my network.

I have been having connection issues with these cameras and  I have it narrowed down.  If the device, (phone or iPad) I am using is connected to the wireless provided by the outdoor antenna, I cannot connect to cameras. If my handheld device is connected to Nokia router wireless, I can access cameras.

I cant wrap my head around this issue. Internet doesn’t seem to be affected no matter what I’m connected to….router or access point.

Reading on this forum, I did try disabling IPV6, which had no affect.

Another minor issue, I was going to try changing wifi channels thru Nokia web interface but every time I attempted to “save changes”,  I was prompted to change wifi key….because it didn’t contain the necessary characters, although the key has been ok for a couple months ??. Really don’t want to change wifi key on all my devices unless I’m confident of a fix for my situation.

Thanks again

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Please help with Nokia 5g router

RogersMoin

Hello, @KeeganTimber.

We're delighted you joined our Community! I appreciate your interest in monitoring the wildlife.

You have an interesting setup for observing the wildlife. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the problem.

Typically, the outdoor cameras may only use the 2.4GHz network, while your iPhone/Pad may prefer 5GHz. What happens if you were to turn off the 5GHz network on the Nokia router?

I suggest posting your issue in the Ubiquiti Help Center as well.

Community: Please share your insights to help OP effectively.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

KeeganTimber
I've been here awhile

Thanks Roger

Im not very tech savvy but trying to learn at my old age

For now I made changes to the access point by making a different SSID for the two cameras

Not really what I wanted but it MAY have solved my issue

Now if I’m back in the area of cameras listening to music on my cell phone I will need to change wifi networks

Ive captured some pretty neat stuff on my cameras.  Coyotes deer racoons possums fox and just yesterday a feral cat investigating a large snapping turtle😃😃

Hanna1990
I've been around

hi, you may contact my sales consultant,(keep personal info private) He is an expert in the Telecom and IT industry, he just helped me setup my Rogers 5GHI Wireless Internet system, Nokia Fastmile 5G gateway, it works perfect in my cottage. 

KeeganTimber
I've been here awhile

Thanks Hanna.  Not sure how to contact your sales consultant

My issue is not resolved.  I feel it has nothing to do with my Ubiquiti access point because I did not have this issue with a router provided by Bell

As previously stated I created a separate wifi SSID for the access point. There is only two wifi cameras connected to this new wifi signal

Now if I connect my handheld device to the wifi provided by the Nokia  5g router Im  having difficulty connecting to the two cameras on the separate new wifi provided by the Ubiquiti access point even tho it is hardwired via Ethernet to the Nokia router

I see other threads on this forum with somewhat similar issues with the ethernet

ports on the Nokia 5g router

still hoping someone can help with a solution 😩

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation