cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAT loopback no longer works

stefer009
I plan to stick around

Ever since I've had Ignite, NAT loopback has been working surprisingly fine.  Then all of a sudden, nothing!

Anyone else has started having problems recently?  Only using the CGM4140 , no bridge mode, nothing.  It worked flawlessly.

HW Version:2.2
Vendor:Technicolor
BOOT Version:S1TC-3.49.18.14
Core Version:1.0
Model:CGM4140COM
Product Type:XB6
Flash Part:8192 MB
Download Version:Prod_21.1_d31 & Prod_21.1
26 REPLIES 26

Re: NAT loopback no longer works

As usual, this appears to be yet another Comcast "don't support this" issue, which means that any other ISP that licences their equipment, and their customers, are out of luck. 

Have a look at the bottom post on the following thread, which might indicate a workaround:

‎Accessing my external IP from my internal devices | Xfinity Community Forum

m3e
I plan to stick around

Hi @mpareja  - and that's my point exactly with their support, there is clearly something happening to the modem triggered by them and they act like nothing ever happens and the problem is with my network not their hardware. Unfortunately for me, the other guy in blue is far worse believe it or not. And they did resolve it for me as well with the new modem very temporarily. So they just need to accept that the issue with on their side and figure out what happens to the modem after it is changed and stop that process (clearly firmware update).

m3e
I plan to stick around

Hi @Datalink - Thanks for the tip, I am already setup this way, with port forward to a specific device and accessing from a different device on a different port (when hardwired) and still doesn't work in my particular case. Wirelessly I am also in the same boat, nothing can come back in. I also agree with the post that I don't believe this is factory disabled as when Rogers replaces the modem, it works, only for a few days.

mpareja
I've been here awhile
Is it just me, or did they fix NAT Loopback?

m3e
I plan to stick around

Nah, still an issue for me.

keloin
I've been around

Still nothing I would assume? 😞 Just connected, tried to setup my port forwarding, and got very frustrateeee

Topic Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 12 in conversation