cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple mailboxes

Clubvilla
I've been around

How do I get my desktop rogers mailbox window to show both rogers email address as I had before . I can see them both
On Yahoo App but doesnt update to desktop.
Use to just use tab and switch between accounts.
Now i literally have to sign out of one from rogers member centre to the other one
Very frustrating

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Multiple mailboxes

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Clubvilla wrote:  How do I get my desktop rogers mailbox window to show both rogers email address as I had before . 

I assume you're talking about using Webmail on your browser. When logged into one of your accounts, what happens if you click on your "name" near the top-right of the screen and select add/manage accounts?   I believe you have to stay "signed in" and not "logout" of all the accounts you wish to do this.

I don't use it this way since I'm usually using Outlook on my computer instead, which downloads all my e-mail from various e-mail addresses to one e-mail client (Outlook).

OldTechGuru
I've been here awhile

You're about to get kicked out of Desktop Outlook for mail...

Rogers is phasing out support for Authorized apps passwords.

Once it fails you'll know... WebMail and cellphone apps only from then on.

Short sighted . ...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OldTechGuru wrote:

You're about to get kicked out of Desktop Outlook for mail...

Rogers is phasing out support for Authorized apps passwords.

Once it fails you'll know... WebMail and cellphone apps only from then on.

The app PW generator has been down since last March and will not be fixed.  However, as discussed in the following link on the topic, there are desktop apps that will work without an App PW.

The latest paid subscription version of Outlook 365 will work and the latest Thunderbird for PC (not Mac) will also work without an app PW.  As long as you don't "lose" the App PW you're currently using, then the (older) e-mail clients will continue to work.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/524346/highlight/true#M...

OldTechGuru
I've been here awhile

Great answer, I suspected as much.

Rogers tech support in TO actually said to go web and forget outlook desktop...

So many of my weekend Clients are still using older apps and don't even remember setting that up...

The issue here is that today it's been working off and on using everything from Outlook 2010 to 2019.

It's bugged about 4 times in the last 4 hours so far, not very consistent.,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OldTechGuru wrote:

The issue here is that today it's been working off and on using everything from Outlook 2010 to 2019.

I'm surprised that some of the very old versions of Outlook are still working "properly". I had to upgrade my Outlook for Mac 2011 about 4 years ago - no longer supported by Microsoft (or Rogers).  See link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-Receive-Emails-on-Outlook/m-p/462836/highli...

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation